cervical stenosis, cervix scarred shut

has anyone been diagnosed with cervical stenosis?  I got it from having a cone biopsy 2 years ago.  I was on the depo shot so I wasn't getting any periods, but then i got severe abdominal pain and had to have surgery.  That's when they noticed my cervix was scarred shut.   It reclosed after the surgery 3 months ago.  I am seeing a new dr soon, but i am confused.  I haven't been able to evacuate menstrual fluid for the past two months.  Anyone have any info?
I am in the exact same situation.  It took a long time to figure out what was wrong with me.  I had a cone biopsy about 4 years ago and they just now realized in february that my cervix was closed and very very weak.  I had surgery and it also closed shut again three months later.  I went to the Dr. twice this summer to have my cervix dilated and it didn't work.  I have to have surgery again, but my doc said that my cervix can only handle about 2 more surgeries if i want to have kids.  I'm only 26 so I have a lot to think about.  
You should see a fertility specialist.  Even if you do not want to get pregnant, they have the most experience with this problem.  My specialist has been wonderful.
Good Luck
hope you got your answers. i had the exact same problem years ago, but due to my age and the fact that i would have no more children, my primary and gynecologist thought it best that i get a hysterectomy. they felt that any further procedures on the cervix would probably not be successful, or temporary at best. now....10 years after having the hysterectomy, i have urinary bladder prolapse and other issues in that area.
I'm sorry you're suffering some of the negative effects of hysterectomy. I'm also 10 years post hysterectomy. My gyn said I needed it but it was totally unnecessary as most are. I've been suffering bad effects ever since!
Hey There-I had a cone biopsy 10 years ago the DR. who preformed the procedure recently up and left all his patients.My new Dr. when doing a pap was having a hard time reaching there to get cells to send to the lab.I just went back for a second pap in the last 3 months and she dialated me and still was having a time of it.She said the cervix is scarred and if this go at it does not get any cells then we will try it when I am having my monthly.If that does not work then we will try another road.I am shocked that all the while I thought the DR. was doing a complete pap he was never getting cells from my cervix.Thats for 10 years now.My question here has anyone run into this problem after a cone biopsy??? Thanks
Last year I had two colposcopys and this year, two cone procedures.  The specialist that did the second cold knife procedure missed that I had developed scarring and my cervix healed almost completely shut.  I ended up at the ER due to the pain from my menstrual cycle.  (NOTE: Pain during my cycles (including minor cramping) had never been a factor before).  Anyway, I then went back to my regular OB/GYN.  (The specialist was not helping with the pain.  He just said, in his 19yrs of experience, every woman was different.  Great NON answer as to why I was having pain that wasn't there before).  When my normal OB/GYN examined me, she couldn't get a rod like tool that was about 1mm in diameter through the opening without high resistance and my screaming “please stop”.  So, I am going through cervical dilation now. Toradal (helps stop uterine contractions) and Percocet help with the highly uncomfortable (lower pain level for me) sensasation during the dilation, and afterwards.  My Dr is using a thin catheder (maybe 2 mm in diameter) to help keep the opening open between dilations and help make sure the menstrual blood drains.  (NOTE: making sure your uterus can drain properly is very important.  If left unchecked, it could cause infection or lead to developing endodemetriosis. sp? - see google for medical articles and talk with your attending Dr.).  I've been told (and read) usually 5-6 dilation sessions are needed. I'm hopeful because I did the third one today, and even though I have slight curves to the "cervical channel" which makes this a little more difficult, she was able to pass a guide for the catheter through with very little resistance (from the slight curves) that was at least 4mm diameter.  She has been working with the ultrasound tech during my procedure to make sure she doesn't puncture the cervix and or uterus in her efforts.
Good luck!
I had a cone biopsy and a leep incision when I was 19.  I had half of my cervix removed.  23 months later I had severe pains in my stomach.  Further investigation found I had fluid in my uterus. I was booked into have a D&C.  On waking up from the surgery I was told that the surgery (D&C) had not been preformed as I had no cervix.  The surgeon who preformed my leep incision had removed so much of my cervix that my cervix had closed up.  The fluid in my uterus was my monthly menstral cycle.  I had been bleeding into my uterus for over 23 months.  I was previously told my reason for having no periods was because I had been on the depo injection and it could take a long time for it to come out of my system.  I was given the contraceptive pill and told to take it and hopefully it will create a false period and over time expell all the fluid in my uterus.  It did work after about 6 months.  I still have stenosis of the cervix, I had to have fertility drugs to concieve my little girl (I had previously lost 2 pregnancies)  It was a constant worry throughout my pregnancy if I could give birth or if my cervix would hold out. I am now 30. My daughter is nearly 2.  I had her naturally and without complications. Ladies my advise to you would be to question everything. Dont for one minute let the doctors have the power they are not God.  They do make mistakes.  You are entitled to another opinion, you can change your doctor or consultant anytime. Write down all the questions you want to ask dont be afraid to get your list out. We all know through our nerves and stress our minds go blank.  If need be take someone in with you. I had a terrible time over the years but I got there and so can you.  Dont give up those of you who are worried about concieving it will happen.  I know! Lisa. x
This all sounds so familar to me. I have two children 11 and 8. I am 29 years old. I have been having problems for several years now all after having my cervix froze I believe. My doctor is not giving me the answers that I need and I am finding out that he is also not telling me everything. I started depo 7 years ago and have not had a period since. After the abnormal pap 2 years ago and freezing of the cervix. My cervix closed and I had to go in and have it dilated.and reopened. He said nothing about there being any complications after that. I decided to come off the depo thinking that the closure was because I had not had a period in so long I was also having problems with my horomones being out of wack. I had also had a couple ovarain cyst. I started the Mirena IUD a year ago and have had nothing but problems since. Constain pain. I had a chocolate cyst that the doctors were watching for 6 months. I started having pain during intercourse and at random times. I had the IUD removed and bleed off and on for two week. I went in for a follow up ultrasound last week and the cyst was gone. But now he says I have fluid in my uterus and I am full of calcifications. I ahve pain in my abdomen. lower back and feel bloated. They want to do a DNC next week but I scared that this is only a temp fix. I am worried that he will find more problems or something serious once he goes in. They think they might find an infection once they fo in. They saif they dont know if the fluid is mucus, blood, or what. They suggested they I go ahead and tie my tubes while I am there which I was not quite ready for and if there is an infection couldnt that cause more problems. If anyone can help me I apprecite it thanks.

Worried sick.
Tab
It is so nice to hear all of this and know I am not alone. I was just today diagnosed with stenosis of the cervix. I had a cone biopsy 7 months ago and the fluid has built up so heavily in my uterus that its backed up into my ovaries and caused endemitriosis. I am scheduled for surgery in a few weeks and hope that it will give some relief to the pain I've been experiencing every month. The doctors all said I had Pelvic Inflammatory Disease because of the severe pelvic pain and even though I questioned them I didn't get any answers until I saw the right gynecologist. To others that are newly diagnosed, good luck.