clean smelling vagina
Does anyway know any safe ways (not douching) to get a fresh smelling vagina? i feel that sometimes i dont smell fresh, and id like to always, for my boyfriend. suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thank you
The best wipes to use for a fresh smelling Vajayjay would be Swipes Lovin Wipes Cucumber. The cucumber is light and fresh, I love them! I probably freshen up at least 3 times a day. By bf likes it too ;) They are cheap like 4.99 for 42ct...and other wipes seem to be so expensive! On top of that they are eco-friendly and flushable!
so wut if u have a fishy smell during sex and have been tested for transmitted deseases and all is negative? I've had 2 children by the same man & we are only sexually active with each other( that's something I know for a fact) but in the process of sex I smell a fishy smell. wuts that all about? help and what can I do?
I'm 18 years old and I shower everyday. I wash my private area before I go to my boyfriend's house and generally during the time I'm there (cos I spend most of the day there) to keep fresh. I don't have a problem with my smell but I have a lot of, you know "goo" and I can't help it and it disgusts my boyfriend. He's had many sexual partners before me and he says that all of those girls did not have the same "problem" as me. What am i supposed to do? Go every 10 minutes to the bathroom and wash my area of goo? It's a hole, I can't control it! So I end up sounding unclean and disgusting compared to his other previous partners. And he just won't take for an answer the fact that my body does it without me wanting to. I say I can't help it and his answer is "wash more frequently and don't be dirty". But how much washing am I supposed to do? Plus it's very very embarrassing...Can any of you with more experience give me some advise on how to seam more clean/womanlike? Cos I'm literally scraping the little amount of self-confidence I have left and starting to feel like a  12-year-old that just got her period for the first time (you know that funny age in which your body is kind of odd and smells cos of the changes?)  I hope I'm making myself clear and not confusing anyone....
Thanx for the help!
P.S: I don't want to do that douching thing
sweety dont freak out. you may be washing TOO frequently. tell your "man" that he's just that a "man" he doesnt know what he's talking about (unless hes a gyno and im sure he's not). discharge, "goo," is NORMAL. ALL females who have gone through puberty have experienced it (i dont remember anything before puberty). the discharge is a result of your vagina cleansing itself (if you dont want to tell him the previous then tell him that you must be very clean because yours works harder than the other girls'). to make sure that you dont have some sort of infection or inbalance see a gyno. im sure dr.whoever will ask you about your cleaning habits. for the time being DONT USE SOAP OR ANYTHING SCENTED DOWN THERE and tell your "man" to be a MAN!

hope that was at least a little helpful. you should really get a gyno though, esp since you're sexually active(just guessing from the fact that your bf knows about your "goo").

good luck :)
try using lactobacillus acidophilus capsules as vaginal suppositories, or open and mix in water for a douche
I had this problem before also. I would take showers all the time and it would still smell and i didnt want to wash to much because its warmful. I was so insecure about the smell of my vagina that when i went out i couldnt enjoy myself. I would distance my self so others couldnt smell but i tried one thing and it work just fine for me. Ladies dont use scented soaps or body washes. I know you like to smell good but just just body spray for that wash with NON SCENTED SOAP! With that you should be fresh ALL DAY (:
yeah right.. thank you for the advice. i will take that advice of yours thank you..
i just wanna comment after reading so much problems of smelly vagina over here that every girl must was her vagina afer urinating. otherwise it makes fishy smelll. alHAMDULILAH i am a muslim girl and i never faced any problem like it. and i always wash with water after urinating coz if i wont do that i wont be able to pray. secondlay i am happily married and my religion also forbade for oral or other modes of sex exapt from vagina. well i can say im having a healthy neat and clean body bcoz of my religion. thakx ALMIGHTY ALLAH
Good advise from a muslim girl. Continous use of water whenever one is thro with pee or poo is the best way out, remember that private parts are covered 7 it is worm there so when the place has remnants of waste + the wormth the place will smell, Simple hygen. Your man will not put his mouth near there.
i am a muslim man & it is good to correct that as long it is your wife u are having sex with, fondling & oral sex is not forbidden, infact it is encouraged NOT to 'enter' your wife like animal & to make sure she is satisfied before u release your penis from her vigina. (there is a hadith to that effect) Start with all sorts of fore plays before you enter her. It is very nice sucking your wife's clit, u get her high & appreciate your eating her private parts, such that when u insert your penis she is already halfway.
The only forbiden place to enter is the anus. Dont let him in there1
Lemon juice. I know it sounds a tad strange but it works for me. Just put some lemon juice on a paper towel or a cotton pad or something then clean *down there* after you get out of the shower. The acidity in the lemon juice kills odor causing bacteria.  This also works for under arm B.O.  

hope this helps
Eat sweet fruits and stay way from smelly foods like aspargus. When I eat better I smell better
I had a similar issue for a little while of "goo". Mine was thin and slimy looking... kind of like snot. Hope that doesn't gross you out! Anyhow, I discussed it with my gyno bc I was worried and she said it was vaginal mucus. Sounds gross, right? She said that a lot of women secrete this mucus when they are at peak fertility because it is the body's way of trapping sperm. So, if that's what it is with you... then, it's normal and nothing to freak out about. Mine always got like that about a week or 10 days before my period. (Peak ovulation)
I'm wondering.... has anyone ever tried that "rePhresh" stuff they advertise on TV from time to time? I wonder if that would help any.
I had the same sort of problems, most women are the same, but the best advice i can give you that works, as ive tried many differnt methods, is stick to a diet of foods that you know may affect you or not. have a diary of what foods you eat everday and what foods tend to make it worse on some days, regards to oudour etc. I drink two litres of water a day, and add lemon in my first litre, so my first litre goes down easier. lemon will clean all the toxins out of your system. eat normal cereals in the morning, mainly brans and high fiber, if you drink coffie, make it one large cup for the day and replace the rest with tea. have 5differnt fruits a day for lunch, or two fruits with a mug of soup. in the evening, eat somthing really light, not forgetting your HERBAL tea during the day without sugar. do this for a month and i can GARNENTEE you, your vagina will not have a dirty scent anymore. i never used to have a dirty smelling scent, but mine somedays was a lot stronger some days. my partner says i have the best smelling scent ever :-) (he never knew me before all the womenly  problems) do this for a month, and i promise you, no need to stress about soaps, perfumes etcs. do this for one month, you'll see the differnce in your health and you'll feel a lot cleaner too. :-)
hello ma'am i have an problem with my vagina its very smelly after sex smells like live fish omg awful smell i dnt drink cranberry juice would that help im goibg on a 7day cleanse for my body im going to sit in hot seamy water drink lots of water an cranberry juice an watch wat i eat u think that would hlp wats ur suggestion
You may have alot of discharge because you are very attracted to him, making it wetter.  Also, if you are having sex often and not using condoms, the semen leaks out slowly, causing more wetness for up to a day afterward.  You can wrap some toilet paper around your finger, stick it in your vagina a a few inches, wait a few seconds for it to absorb moisture, the pull it out.  Besides all of this, he is being a jerk and you shouldn't take that kind of disrespect from him, tell him off!
use a fresh lemon.  cut the lemon in half and thoroughly scrub your vagina with the lemon.  wash all intimate areas with the lemon and then rinse with ice cold water in your vagina and intimate areas.

your vaginal smell should go away and leave you smelling nice and fresh.  be sure to use the whole lemon for each cleanse.  it works very well and the cold water rinse feels lovely and makes your skin nice and soft.

enjoy!
my husband says we are lacking chemistry and it is due to my vagina not smelling right .. i have tried using douche products but they dont seem to help can anyone help me save my marriage
i haven't tried lemon. But lime juice works i cut it and use about two cups of water and a tbsp of lime juice to douche with. then i take some more lime juice and water mix and use cotton balls to wipe it down thoroughly. limes and lemons contain acid and antiseptic and odor removing properties. u may also want to go to the doctor to make sure you don't have a bacterial infection which can cause odor as well.
How often should you do this cleanse and does the lemon not burn or irritate your vagina?
Do not use lemon, lime orange none of that. When you first use any kind of soap, you must understand that soap on your arms legs back and breast will not harm those areas. Your vagina is very sensitive. Use regular water with a wash cloth and use summer's eve OR Vagisil (they do have a wash). Many mistakes girls make is IF YOU SHAVE, do not use soap afterwards or do not use soap to shave. WASH before you shave, and after just rinse with cold water.

Also, for those who have "odors" but are only smelling them during sex. DO NOT DOUCHE. UNLESS its just with water. that cannot harm you, but do not douche with scented water. You are making it worse. Vinegar is okay, but try eating fruits, veggies and YOGURT. Yogurt is the number one thing. It might be detergent so wash your clothes with either plain water or just a tiny bit of detergent.

If you have any other questions feel free to email me.

Niti.***@****
I'm new here & I have some questions to post to get answers & help. How do I start a topic/discussion? Please help. Thanks
the best way to get rid of vaginal odor is to change your diet.... Google Kefir it cleans and deodorizes you from the inside also invest in a juicer! get ginger celery, cilantro, and cucumber juice and drink one cup a day at the least. you will see a big difference! Cilantro is a natural way to deodorize the body internally. also get some apple organic cider vinegar and some room temperature water take a teaspoon of vinegar put it in a squirt bottle and fill the rest with water squirt on the outside of the vagina and then rinse it off. make sure you do this in the shower because if your in a bath it can irritate and dry out your skin. when you get out of the bath put on an all natural organic body oil I prefer ylang ylang or sandal wood oil, rub your body down with the oil and put a very small amount on the outside vagina. it will give you vagina a nice sweet smell. My husband loves it! he says he has never been with a woman who has such a good smelling ***** :) I cant keep his mouth away from my flour lol try it and let me know how it works out for you.I guarantee your man will constantly be wanting to go down on you. oh also If your having a really bad odor down there you might want to go to the dotcore and get checked you could have an std or you can have vaganitis or bacterial vaginosis which is not an std its just bacteria that can be treated with antibiotics, you can check out my you tube video on having a clean smelling ***** here is the link  http://www.****.com/watch?v=****
I agree with washing everytime you go to the bathroom WASH..it may seem like a lot but its WORTH IT..u won't be paranoid anymore.I recently started washing evry time. I used 2 wash whenever I was home after every bathroom use but now I wash even while at work.(I ONLY would notice it at work or if I was out for a long period of time),or even if u only do it every couple of times,or jus rinse with water. If this method doesn't work then u should really see a doctor.I'm not saying that my method will "cure' all,I'm jus saying if washing or atleast a GOOD rinse each time you use the ladies room doesn't have ur "lady purse" smellin fresher then the odor may not be the root of the problem.It maybe be something else case it.
Hello there I tried it, and it seem like the same result I got from the other cleaning solutions nothing, but irritation, but we are all different could have just been me. Doesn't hurt to try new things, right?
I have the same problem I'm on the birth control implanon and I have been bleeding like crazy and smelly
I absolutley love Swipes Lovin Wipes too!!! I use them for clean up before and after intimate moments, use after using the toliet, cleaning oil & makeup from face,and even use them on my children!!! They are made with Aloe, Viatmin E, and pure water, but are free from alcohol and cholrine. Perfect for the sensitive areas. They come in unscented and afresh mild  cucmber scent. They are eco- friendly, biodegradable, compostable, septic safe and truly flushable. They are a vegan company. I love their wipes and I love their team too!! Very great idea!!! I am a true fan and I can help the earth by using these products too!!! You can order from www.amazon.com, www.drugstore.com or www.Swipes.com . A must try, I highly recommened them to everyone!!!
Im a fourteen year old virgin and I have problems with my vaginal area. Everytime I shave I get bumps and irritation and redness for 2-3 days. I get fishy smells down there sometimes and I sweat ALOT. I have to keep my legs tightly closed aorund people because I'm so insecure about the way I smell. I have redness in the folds of my vagina and a few, I suppose you could call them, spots on the left just on the part where my inner thigh and vagina connect. I also have two big, red spot on my bum too, near my anus. I am very very self consscious about down there but I am too shy to consult a doctor or even tell my mother. Help?
Hello!
I read Every ones post and I immediately see a problem. Almost every woman on here only tries to treat smell, or Itchiness etc… even If you go to see your doctor(depending on the problem, could be an std) They are only going to treat for now, not later. The biggest problem is your just trying to fix the problems with your vagina when you really should be focusing on your overall health.  Women trying to fix the problem use medication, powder, over wash, use wipes, douche, natural remedies etc.. that can just often make the situation worse. You read everywhere that the vagina naturally cleans itself. But if you don’t treat your body right, everything is going to go all hairy carry on you. If you don’t drink or eat well ex: you like drinking lots of soda, or dehydrate yourself or you like eating a bunch of sugary foods , or you go out to eat all the time or all of the above, your body is going to react in a very negative way. This will effect every part of your life… you might feel tired all the time never have energy, you might be more irritable, your skin may look dull or be covered in acne, you may gain or lose weight in the wrong ways, get sick often, your sweat may smell, your breath might smell and even worse… your vagina. I personally think when you smell everywhere and you feel most of the symptoms above, that is your body telling you, you are full of toxins and it’s time to detoxify and Hydrate yourself. Go on a diet that promotes good female health. I went on a diet that changed my life. I watched the documentary forks over knifes.. And it put allot of things into perspective for me. I began to eat an all natural diet, I drank allot of water and exercised for 30min a day… this is compared to having a careless all I can eat and want to eat diet( lots o’ sugar)  I loved soda(still do), I took my vitamins: b-vitamins, women’s daily vitamins, CRANBARRIE pills,  garlic, omegas etc. My life changed sooo much. My skin had a glow to it, I started losing weight immediately, my energy went up, I enjoyed exercising after a while, my aches and pains were gone, the smells were gone, and actually had more of a floral scent to it, was moist down there, my sex drive went way up, I felt like a teen again. and the most unexpected and my favorite part was- My confidence was back and everyone noticed I changed allot, in a very short period of time. Water and exercise specifically have an effect, it helps release the toxins in your body that you store over time.. Water helps delude and exercising excretes toxins through your pores(sweat).  Sugars are already stored in your vaginas lubricant.. So eating too much is overkill, also being dehydrated causes you to become dry, having both created the itch and the smell… so in my opinion if your starting to smell… maybe your vagina is trying to warn you you’re a little unhealthy. Keep your body and your mind healthy  they go hand in hand it’s the way we are made as humans. Do your research I am not a professional… just an advocate for my success and journey.  If you can’t commit to everything take it one thing at a time. My advise is to drink ALLOT of water… not too much. Look up how much you should drink for your size, then go on to the next step and the next. And here are some obvious female tips: don’t use powder, wash your hands before you touch yourself,  don’t leave a tampon in for too long use pads if possible (could easily cause bacteria to form creating an infection) don’t over wash your vagina, it does it itself, use warm water and your fingers, if you take a bath avoid bubble baths and make sure your tub is clean.and Change your underwear often!  A positive mental attitude is an important part to your success.  Try these tips, the more of the habits you try to change the better your results. Like I said I am not a doctor do research on what I have said and come up with your own conclusion… if anyone chooses to use my advice please post and even tell what you’ve changed, your success, and what you learned. Thank you all! and I hope I helped.
Ask your doctor.for FLAGYLS it will have poom poom smelling beautiful :)
Flagyls- ladies ask your doctor vagina cleansers
If its a fishy smell and u have a discharge it maybe something call bacterial vaginosis (bv). I had it before and my doctor said it usually come from douching and she told me to go get some pills called floragen they work very well after a week I start noticing a difference u can purchase them from any pharmacy but I purchase mines from walmart pharmacy
Great I did what u said my Susie is fresh and clean ! I keep a bottle of diluted apple cider vinegar to spritz the area! I feel fresh clean and confident ! Drink plenty of water with lemon and whola stench is gone!
Talk to your doctor. A bad odor or discharge usually means you have an infection. It could just be a small yeast infection, or it could be an STD.

If it is neither, you are fine. Your body can take care of itself like it is meant to. Remember douching is bad (that's why we call jerks douches, cause they are bad for us). Baby wipes are the cheapest and easiest way to clean the outside (don't enter where he enters) everything else is fair game. You know you've gone too far if you're a little raw/tiny burning sensation. But otherwise, it's natural. And as for wanting to smell good for him, honey, his junk smells too, and it tastes nasty. It's nature, get comfortable. Don't do something for him he's not willing to do in return.
I have never had a vaginal odor that wasn't considered pheromone odor unless I haven't bathe for a few days. I suggest taking a douch bottle and using pure water to clean the inside of your vagina. Or even putting the tip of the rag inside your vagina to clean out the inside. That way whatever is on the walls of your vagina are not growing. Causing the odor. See if that works for you if not then try your local GYN....
Me and my husband are tryin to het pregnant and now all we can think about is the smell from in between my legs I wash everyday and we can't even sit ont he couch and watch a movie together without the smell creepin in is there a way I can get rid of the smell without messing with the chances of conceiving?
whts BV?
Bi-Carb soda!!!!!!!!  bi- carb soda is great for the whole body, Sprinle a little in hands, add a small amount of water (enough that it makes a paste) and wash those areas that need extra attention. Also good for underarms.
Okay, I have read all of these comments and not one person said to actually get "in" there and clean w/ your fingers...while showering, of course, and using just water. I don't have a smell or discharge problem b/c I take care of that first thing in the morning and then followed w/ feminine deodorant spray. Yes, I agree to see your Gynocologist to rule out any STD's or other kinds of infections...and keeping shaved helps cut down sweating as well.
I have a lot of discharge coming out of my vagina and  kind of a bad order. What can,i get over the counter or usr so that it can go away
I've always wondered if other women go through the same amount of effort to smell "fresh" as I do.
My tricks:
1.  *Wet wipes each time I use the restroom. Even a wet paper towel works.
2.  Keep your vagina dry; wear breathable cotton underwear. Panty-liners also work for me.  
3. I stopped using fragrant detergent/ fabric softener on my underwear because they caused me to have mild yeast infections
4. Use soap externally only, as the instructions advise. Not doing this also caused mild yeast infections
5. *Take baths. Salt baths work well too. I've used Epson, and table salt; they seemed to work the same
And, If I sense a mild yeast infection coming on, I've tried remedies such as organic apple cider vinegar, regular vinegar, and plain unsweetened Greek yogurt on my vulva (not at the same time).
They've all worked for me, but everyone is different.
I had that problem as well. And I found that douching just gave me yeast infections. I tried the product RePhresh and I love it. Its like a gel and it brings your ph levels back to normal. I started using it like once a week then noticed that I didn't need it that often anymore,  but now I just use it after my period. Its a little on the expensive side but now I use the kit that comes with a douch and the inserts and its about $8.
Vagisil pH wash. Only thing that works.. it will leave you with no smell at all.
Put a small piece of frozen Plain yogurt in the vagina every night after showering. Only wash vagina with mild soap with no fragrance only. Just plain water and vinegar if possible.The plain yogurt will keep your ph level balanced. Try it and you will see for yourself that it works.
yea I have the same problem,and how I got rid of it,is get a summers eve douche bottle and use it no more than 1 time per week to keep the good bacteria in their,my doctor said only douch 1 time per week and I do with summerseve,but keep the bottle after u used it,and when u take a shower take the empty douche bottle with you,fill it up with nice warm water,and just douch it out 4 times only with water ,and then wash with the summerseve feminine wash atleast 2 times a day,and I also find that scented liquid handsoap works great like raspberry vanilla,wash the outside of your vagina and  rectum with these ,use a cup and squat in the tub use your fingers all around the clitoris and labia and scrub them with either of them soaps,atleast handsoap 2 times a week and summerseve femine wash twice a day,and douch with water twice a day filling it up with warm water 4 times,dont forget to use the cup and squat in the bathtub rise first real good and then scrub your vagina with fingers for rectum too ,let sit about 5 minutes total from beginning to end of scrubbing then rinse with large cup,do this twice a day at the most it works for me and the smell is gone ..Gook luck ..I know it will work for u it did me..
Tell him to go pound sand up his arse,lol,anyway's when you have sex does he wear a condom? sometimes women have an allergic reaction to latex,or if he doesn't wear one then it could probably be that he isn't practicing good hygiene after he goes to the bathroom , I mean really figure what percentage of men wash their penis after they go to the bathroom?  hmm NOT ALOT, lol, they think the shake does the trick, well it doesn't, tell him to be more aware of his own hygiene, it might be his bad habit that causes ur bodily reaction, see how he feels if you turned the table, maybe he might actually take that into consideration and get off the ripping your self esteem apart,me personally? when I freshen up before sex I always bring a wet washcloth to clean his genital areas before and after sex,always,but that's just me,rather be safe than sorry,I really hope that helps put him in his place! ; )
My way of getting rid of vag smell or period smell is eating plain non favored yogurt and i also take a luke warm bath with vingear. Lemons also helps with the smell.
Use unscented wipes daily. You can also get a vitamin called acidophilus it can live cultures and helps to eliminate other sorts of bacterial that may be trapped. If the smell is foul the doctor will prescribed flayl for a week. Good luck beautiful ladies
Stop using panty liners so much. They make you sweat down there and are a breeding ground for bacteria :-/// LET UR VAGINA BREATHE