Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

conserned about measurements

I AM 23 WEEKS PREGNANT AND I MEASURED 27 WEEKS PREGNANT.  WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?  IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE BABY, AM I HAVING TWINS WHAT?????  THIS IS MY 3RD PREGNANCY AND THIS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.  COULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS GOING ON?  ALSO I AM A LITTLE OVER WEIGHT AND HAVE ONLY GAINED 8 POUNDS AND NONE IN THE LAST MONTH WHICH IS WHEN MY MEASURMENTS JUMPED TO 4 WEEKS AHEAD.
5 Responses
Any of your answers are correct, however the most common is that the baby is just a little larger. This can be from subsequent pregnancies or maybe the dates are off a little.  Also, you sometimes measure more with being overweight. Best wishes to you. You should have a us around 20 weeks to check out more info.
I am past 20 weeks I am 23 and 2 days, measuring 27
Is it possible that your dates could be off? Have you ever had an us with this pregnancy? Let us know how the us goes. Best wishes to you.
The babies measurements were 24 weeks 2 days by that only off like 4 days the baby is healthy and a boy.  Thanks for the advice though it made me feel better.  Sometimes it is just nice to have someone to talk to!
Big CONGRATULATIONS on your little boy! I'm so glad to hear everything is ok! Best wishes.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.