cramping in lower right & left abdomen with mirena

I've had my mirena for about 3 and a half years.I got it 6 months after I gave birth to my daughter.   It has been good for the most part but recently I have been experiencing some very painful cramping in mostly my right abdomen, but it also happens in the left side too. I didnt give it much thought at first but it is becoming an everyday thing. Should I be worried that something is wrong??
This abdominal pain can be unrelated to the Mirena IUD. It can be due to bowel obstruction, ovarian cysts (females) and pelvic inflammatory disease,irritable bowel syndrome , kidney obstruction or pyelonephritis, psoas abscess  and volvolus (twisting of the sigmoid part of the large bowel on itself).In case of females it can be due to involvement of the female reproductive organs.
Investigations like ultrasound abdomen, CT abdomen and colonoscopy are required to confirm a diagnosis. My advice is to consult a doctor and discuss these possibilities with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.