cramps without period

I am experiencing period like cramps for the past few days and i am not due to have my period untill next week (11th jan) my last period finished on the 19th dec.  I was on 5 day course of antibiotics which ended on the 20th dec.  I am on the pill.  I had unprotected sex on the 26 and 28 of dec. I am aware that antibiotics affect the pill and that extra protection must be made for 7 days after stoping antibiotics but i had sex 6 days afterwards and i wasnt protected my a condom.  I have looked at other websites that tell me that period like cramps are an early sign of pregnancy and i am quite worried as i have never experienced period like cramps without a period before.  I doubt my period will come (if it does) untill i am due next week because my periods are always regular.  I do not have anyother symptoms.  I really need someones help as i have tried other forums with no luck and i would be very very greatful if someone could help me and let me know if this cramping is normal or if i could be pregnant.  Please some one help me as i am quite worried
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Is your period late? are you experiencing cramps?
Helpful - 0
I usually get cramps just before i am about to get my period. The second time i got pregnant i thought the cramps were the regular cramps i get before my period, i found out that they were because i was pregnant.  At this point in time there is no way to tell, you'll just have to wait until the right time to know for sure, either by a blood test, home pregnancy test, or a ultrasound.  i hope everyhing works out.
Helpful - 0

I have been experiencing cramps for the past week or two... and My periods usually come on time, like it used to be on the 16th, and for months it was like that, then I guess due to extra weeks in some months, it started to come on the 8th for two months, except for this past august.  I was stressing over some relationship problems with my fiancee, and my period came early on the 5th instead of the 8th.  So does that mean this month it should come on the 5th.

Well, I waited till the fifth and it hasn't came.  Then, I figured it'll come on the eighth, and it still hasn't came.  And now I'm debating if I should wait till the 16th, but it's technically already been well over a week and half late from my "due date".

What should I do, should I just take the test, becaue I hate playing the waiting game....
Helpful - 0

i've been experiencing major cramps but i'm not on my period. i saw a Doctor about 3 weeks ago and he saw nothing wrong but i was also off my pill for a couple weeks some websites say this is a sign of early pregnancy. I just need answers before i go crazy because nobody seems to have the answer

thank you
Helpful - 0
ive had cramps for about a week and a half or 2 weeks now but still not on my period , i usually have the worst cramps at night , i didnt have my period in july at all and then had it in august and not had it here in september, i get cramps usually 2 days before my period and then have it ... why havent i had it? ive tooken a pg test and it said negative but can different HPT not read your hormones or whatever? ive been dizzy and have fainted before , i went to the doctors and they said it can just be my blood sugar levels... could that be the reason for my cramping also?
Helpful - 0
I am having a similar experiance to the 1st and 2nd posts.  I was on a 5 day antibiotic a week before my period was supposed to start...and almost immediately, I started my period a week early and it lasted through the early period AND an extra week for when I would have been on my period in the first place.  I am on the pill and after the second week when my period was done, I started a new month of birth control (I've been on ortho tri-cyclin for years).  I am just now starting my second week of this month's cycle of pills and I have been CRAMPING since day 3.  I have had a lot of unprotected sex with my husband during the entire time, and I REALLY don't think I am pregnant, I just want to know why I am cramping so bad when I'm not even close to my period again.  Some of them are REALLY sharp stabbing pain cramps too like pinpoint stabbing pain and then it throbbs, etc.
WHAT'S GOING ON????
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.