cramps without period

I am experiencing period like cramps for the past few days and i am not due to have my period untill next week (11th jan) my last period finished on the 19th dec.  I was on 5 day course of antibiotics which ended on the 20th dec.  I am on the pill.  I had unprotected sex on the 26 and 28 of dec. I am aware that antibiotics affect the pill and that extra protection must be made for 7 days after stoping antibiotics but i had sex 6 days afterwards and i wasnt protected my a condom.  I have looked at other websites that tell me that period like cramps are an early sign of pregnancy and i am quite worried as i have never experienced period like cramps without a period before.  I doubt my period will come (if it does) untill i am due next week because my periods are always regular.  I do not have anyother symptoms.  I really need someones help as i have tried other forums with no luck and i would be very very greatful if someone could help me and let me know if this cramping is normal or if i could be pregnant.  Please some one help me as i am quite worried
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My period actually came a week early, but right after I started having cramp-like sypmtoms. They have been going on for a couple of days now, and Ive been pretty nauseous too. Im not on any birth-control, but I do use protection. Any advice to what might be wrong??
Helpful - 0
in january i had 2 periods. one in the beginning, and one close to the end.  but this month ( early feb. ) my boyfriend came inside me without any protection.  now its goign on a week  of major cramps. cramps even in the middle of the night, waking me up. ive never had these bad of cramps with no period.  the second i began to cramp up, that day or the next i always start.   i dont know if im pregnant. from what ive been reading it seems there is a possibility i could be.  the thing is im not sure if i should wait till next month to test, or the end of this month, since thats when i would normally start my period.  it is now the 26th of feb.  should i wait till the end of this month or the end of next month?
Helpful - 0
HEY EVERYONE.
IT HAS BEEN EXACTLY 7 DAYS SINCE I WAS SUPPOSE TO GET MY PERIOD, BUT NO PERIOD. I HAVE BEEN HAVING MENSTRUAL LIKE CRAMPS FREQUENTLY URINATING.. I DON'T REALLY HAVE ANY OTHER SYMPTOMS. I WAS TOLD THE "14 DAYS BEFORE YOUR EXPECTED PERIOD" IS WHEN YOU OVULATE...WELL YEAH I LOOKED AT THE CALENDER && UGH SUPRISING I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX ON THAT DAY. LATER I RESEARCHED THAT THAT WAS A MYTH. [14 DAYS THING] THE SITE THAT TOLD ME IT WAS A MYTH SAID...MOST WOMAN OVULATE 12-16 DAYS BEFORE EXPECTED PERIOD...WELL I HAD SEX THOSE DAYS TOO. I DID A LITTLE "AM I PREGNANT" QUIZ ON THE COMPUTER AND THE RESULT WAS I WAS LESS THAN 10% PREGNANT....SO CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON WITH ME?!? I GIRL HAS TO KNOW, IF THERE'S A LITTLE HUMAN IN HER, OR IF SHE'S EXPERIENCING ONE HELL OF A FOOD BABY!!!
THANKS LADIES
Helpful - 0
its 14-16 days after your period.  but sperm can live up there so it can last,, i dont remember how long, so you need to educate youself rather than going by websites with "myths"

this isnt funny if your pregnant. your young. and this is a serious matter if you are pregnant.

if your late, one would think to take a test.

always use protection!
Helpful - 0
Hi all, looks like a lot of people are in the same boat as me. Had a period that started on the 21st June and had inprotected sex on the 11th and 13th day afterwards. I have irregular periods but on average they are 30 days in length and for the past two weeks or so ive had period-like cramps but no period. Have felt a little sick and nauseous but not much. Breasts feel heavier but not sore.
Im unsure whether it could be a sign of pregnancy. Does anyone think it could be?

I am also unsure when to take a HPT but the maximum length of my cycle that i have recorded is 33 days so i think i'll wait til then to test.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Helpful - 0
hey, i have been having unprotective sex for the last 4 months, my last period was a week late than came, now i am experiencing cramping, and headachs... i feel kinda like im getting sick like fevers.. any suggestions?  thank you
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.