cystic zit

I have a bump on my forehead and its about the size of a nickle/quarter. I believe it is a cystic zit or something like that. I have had it for about a good week or so now. I have been putting a hot pad on it quite a few times a day and it still hasn't came to a head. It is VERY swollen and I tried to pop it a little but it just bleeds. It hurts so badly, it is so swollen that gives me a major headache!!!! Is there anyway I can get rid of this fast!? Without going to the doctors!?
Please Helpp!!!
I had this happen when I was younger, so much that you could not see the bridge of my nose between my eyebrows.  I did not have health insurance at the time but what I did was made a paste out of baking soda and applied it to the area and put a band-aid over it and left it on all night.  It worked, the next day it was already so much better.  If that doesn't help you may need to go get it looked at.  Keep us posted :)
It can be due to folliculitis or cyst. You should keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and get cyst ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Wanted to follow up with you to see how it was going?  Anything improved?

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community