Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

deciphering Depo-Provera

I've heard some horror stories of Depo-Provera but I've also heard a loooot of good. Could someone please share their story(s) and other's stories? I just want more opinions and comments so I get a better understanding on whether or not to get it.
1 Responses
I had depo July 2012, only had 1 shot and started bleeding 5 weeks after having it bleeding did not stop until doctor gave me the pill in October 2012.
I got a normal period back in April 2014 but my cycles is now irregular never went back on birth control but me and partner decided in November 2014 we wanted a baby. Still haven't fell pregnant!
I've read people's stories and someone people have fell pregnant quite soon after stopping depo though, I must just be one of the unlucky ones. Because of my experience I wouldng recommend depo.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.