deciphering Depo-Provera

I've heard some horror stories of Depo-Provera but I've also heard a loooot of good. Could someone please share their story(s) and other's stories? I just want more opinions and comments so I get a better understanding on whether or not to get it.
I had depo July 2012, only had 1 shot and started bleeding 5 weeks after having it bleeding did not stop until doctor gave me the pill in October 2012.
I got a normal period back in April 2014 but my cycles is now irregular never went back on birth control but me and partner decided in November 2014 we wanted a baby. Still haven't fell pregnant!
I've read people's stories and someone people have fell pregnant quite soon after stopping depo though, I must just be one of the unlucky ones. Because of my experience I wouldng recommend depo.