depo shot

Hi I was wondering if anyone experienced negative side effects from the depo shot? Normal birth contrl pills make me extremely nauseous due to the estrogen, and I can't tolerate it. From my understanding depo does not contain estrogen?
When i was receiving the depo shot the only thing it made me do was gain weight!!  The doctors say that not all women gain weight on it!!
A lot of weight?  
Depo shots have also got side effects as other birth control measures and these include Intermenstrual bleeding, menstrual abdnormalities, abdomienal pain and weight changes which may be due to weight gain. Moreover If you stop getting Depo-Provera injections, your period usually returns within 3 to 10 months but sometimes it may take 12-18 mths.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you. I will keep you updated:)