diabetes

Is it harder to get pregnant when you have type one diabetes?
Elevated blood glucose levels are indicative of gestational diabetes, although no one seems to know exactly what causes it. Hormones in the placenta can block the action of the mother's insulin in her body; insulin resistance makes it hard for the mother's body to use insulin, and without enough insulin glucose is turned into energy because it can't leave the body. A high level of blood glucose, called hyperglycemia, requires the baby to work harder.
Now I do know about gestational diabetes but do these symptoms also happen for me Who has been a diabetic since I was 12 or would it be better for me to see my doctor