early labor

What R the chances of a baby being born before 33 weeks? and being in good health?
I'm just wondering...
While, obviously, it's not the norm nor the desired outcome to have a baby at 31 weeks, it's not that bad (not really sure that's the word I want) either.  In a March of Dimes study, survival rates for infants at 28 week was 85%.  11% of the babies born at 22 weeks survived.  It's amazing how technology has come along.

I've known two women to deliver at 31 and 32 weeks in the last two years.  I mentioned them in your last post.  Both babies are very normal and are even large for their ages now.  My daughter has a friend who was born at 26 weeks.  She's a bit smaller then the rest of the children but just as bright.

If you would like, I could try to find that study I mentioned above.  It was pretty interesting.

Good luck
I went to the doc again, I was having back pain again.. Rrr..LOL
No labor no contractions.. NOTHING!!!! yeah..
They did a test to see if I was gonna go into preterm labor and the test came out negative... which is real GOOD... that test is only good for two weeks, so I have to get checked every two weeks to see..
but right now I'm doing good:)
my husband is doing the shopping, cleaning and etc while I sit on my butt doing nothing... 'I cant take it no more'
Well I had my youngest at 34 weeks, and he just scraped by from not going to the baby unit, and he was healthy. I think the main risk it their breathing cos thier lungs arent developed properly yet, but they would be in an intrubator. It depends how early ur refering to also, Ive seen on tv babies born at about 27 weeks and they pulled thru (it was triplets). Why are you wondering is everything ok? How far are u now?
Hi - you must be very worried! I think if you had the baby now at 31 weeks it would have an excellent chance of survival. The only worry really would be the development of the lungs as they would be immature at this time of gestation and would the baby would most probably require steroids for some time to help the lungs mature faster to cope with being an 'outside' baby.

The baby would also not be able to feed from a bottle or breast for a while and would probably be fed their nutrients through an intravenous drip. The weight of the baby at this time is also a factor for concern as they usually don't have a very good amount of fat storage on their bodies at 31 weeks, so may need to be kept in an incubator with careful monitoring and special lights that provide this warmth until their little bodies can regulate their own temperature and build up a supply of body fat.

Of course the longer the baby is inside you the better (as long as it's not over 40 weeks LOL!). Every day and every week that it's inside means it's got a greater chance, but it stands a very good chance of survival and recovery if it were born now. I hope though for your sake that it won't be born yet. I'm sure it would be extremely stressful seeing your baby so very small and away from you in hospital.

So for now, relax and take it easy - mentally and physically - talk to your baby and tell it to hang in there!!! I wish you all the best each day!
I have always heard (don't know if it's true) that a baby has a better chance at 7 months than 8. My granny was born at 7 months. she didn't have fingernails. she had to be fed with a dropper. he mother had her at home on their farm. No doctor. she is perfectly healthy.
keep your chin up dear and relax, my daughter was 4 and half months early and now shes 13, and just looking at her you cant tell she was a preme baby yes she did stay in the hospital so her lungs can develop and more body fat but now shes great, it will all be all right