elevated protein c

I am 5 months pregnant and my doctor called me today to tell me that my protein c is elevated and I need to see a specialist.  I tried to google it but I can't understand a word those sights have to say.  Has anyone heard of this and is this somthing I should worry about??
I'll keep you posted....  On the maternal forum someone gave me a website and it said it can often be elevated due to pregnancy.  I'm trying not to get to worked up over it because I have had so many issues already.  My bp is only 116/62.    thats a good bp.  I'm only around 20w so I hope its nothing serious.  Isn't pregnacy fun???   I remember being 21 and scared to death the get preg and now I am preg and scared to death to loose it.    I can't win  ...lol.....what are your meds for??
Yeah, lots of fun! I have a bladder infection and had one a few months ago, along with a kidney infection. So now I'm on antibiotics until the end of the pregnancy. I'll be 20 weeks on Sunday!
Is it something to do with pre eclampsia maybe? I'm just basing that off of the protein part. I had that in my urine and had to be induced early because of it. Do you have high blood pressure.

I just got a call back from my doc. UTI again...on antibiotics now for the rest of the pregnancy. What fun! I wouldn't think it would be good for the baby?? Who knows...

Keep us posted on your results. I'm curious to know what that means.