embarrassing vaginal odor

I am 49 years old, I am not sexually active and have been for about 2 years experiencing  times during the day I smell a strong fishy odor coming from the vaginal area. I bath everyday, I have even started taking personal wipes with me to the restroom so that I can wash up during the day but nothing seems to stop the odor. I wear panty liners so that I can change them and the smell won't get in my clothes. My pap smears are normal. Even though my doctor says that they don't know what causes bacterial vaginitis, and there is no cure that will keep it from reoccuring, I find it  extremely embarrassing. I am more aware of the smell more when I get excited about something. If I go out of town, or go out to lunch, or even go to a meeting, anything that is different from my regular routine, I smell it. The episodes seems to be getting closer together, where else in the very beginning it may have been once every couple of months, not they seem to be ocurring more often. Please help me, what can I do?
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
bacteria vaganosis.. A dose of diflucan from your obgyn will clear it right up. dont try home remedy's such inserting pills or what not. They will never work and you will continue to be miserable. GOOD LUCK.
i have the same thing i dont know what it is
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
How did you discover you had this allergy to wheat? Can you eat gluten? I think I might have the same allergy
Yeah your right. It is ALWAYS the man's fault. C'mon! Take some responsiblilty for your own crotch's lack of hygiene. A guys parts are outside and washable, for the most part. A woman's moist underwear covered crotch, is a bacteria breeding ground.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Lotza good info there jolady! Thank you!
go to a state office and pick up free brochures. Leaving them where you know she will find them, as you walk away. It's good of you to care about her even if your relationship is on the rocks. It's not good for her to not care enough about herself to address what could be major health issues. If it's that bad down in the basement, then there's something amiss in the attic as well; if you know what I mean?
Please or to view.
There are free clinics. If he had syphilis would he wait until it fled to his brain because he doesn't have insurance? That is so lame. He's just lazy. Tell him to give up whatever he's taking for a day and get things solved.
Please or to view.
don't you have something better to do with your time than to insult others??? we are here for a reason!!! why are you here?
Im in the 11th grade and ive experience a odor its not a fishy odor its diffrent im not sexually active because of this odor ive had this odor every since the 7th grade I wash everyday and wipe myself after using the restroom..help plz
Please or to view.
Practise?  You might need to stay in school yourself.
Please or to view.
hi hello good day to all
i got a prblem in my vigina it smells fishy and badly needed your hepls would it be ok
:(
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
thank you this is interesting.  So is it safe to do a hydrogen peroxide douche and then insert yogurt right afterwards? how often do you use this treatment?? is it ok to leave the yogurt in overnight?
do you still get recurrences?
Hi, have you tried the method u mentioned already ? How is it ?
Please or to view.
Please DO NOT diagnose yourself!! Thats what medical professionals do. They have studied for many years and are very familiar with signs/symptoms that are unique or common to STD. A culture test will be the best option for anyone with abnormal smell or discharge. Strong soaps can cause fishy odor, layering with tights under your jeans, thongs, and of course unprotected sex.
Please do not take antibiotics unless it has been prescribed to YOU by a medical professional. Inappropriate use of antibiotics can lead to an imbalance of your naturaly occuring flora (google it if you dont know of this) as well as antibiotic resistant infections aka superinfections. I hope everyone gets better! And remember if you think sometings wrong....GET MEDICAL ATTENTION!! best of luck
I'm a nurse and have suffered with this problem for 20 years!! Been to a lot of different doctors tried so many things from the Internet, from douching, antibiotics to peroxide, ( the peroxide works pretty good) but I just found what cured me!!!!!!!!!! But let me tell you what i was doing wrong, I was washing too Aggressive, and it made it worst. I would go to work and come home on my lunch break and take another bath because I was so afraid that I would smell! I've been married for 13 years, and my husband has been great about it. But the magic cure is to not use SOAP! But use Dove moisturing bar!!!!! The white bar only!!!!!  I swear y'all I've used a lot of different things ( hundreds) but this works for me, I've seen this on a couple of forums, but  dismissed it because it was too simple. Just buy one bar and try it. Let me know what you think. It has changed my life!!  P.S I went to my doctor at least 20 times about the same thing and they would just give me antibiotics and it would go away and come back later, but with the Dove I'm so confident that I'm fresh always!!!!!!! Soooooooooo happy!!!
I'm 16 I'm still a virgin , never had sex a day in my life. I shower everyday and I notice this funky odor . How do I get for of it ? Any suggestions ?
For the last 3weeks I have been having this thick white funky discharge and its staining  and stinking up my clothes. What could this be from and what should I do
Awesome Awesome and very well put. Thanks :)
Keep it nice and tight.summer eve's are good products to use.have sex and enjoy the feel.to the young lady that grandpa touched.sorry and you dont got to **** everybody for it.when you cover abuse,you abuse yourself more.i have a girlfriend with this problem.it was trich or tric to short.but I can't lie I like a lil smell to  it every so often.i wish you woman the best.the lady that haven't sex in two years,give up.get you some or play it.bye
Please or to view.
i suggest getting a pap done and having the standard std test. When you were abused the person could have carried some sort of disease and may also suggest checking for hep b and c i just got them done today. It is a simple blood test.
I hav a 7 months baby girl. I had sex with my partner we used protection. Then my period come with the most abd odour and b4 I had a child I never had a heavy flow where by I had to change my pad every 2hrs. Stil after my period the fluid on my vigina has a smell and I feel like when am around people can inhale how I smell. I been taking amoxillin but no help
For some odd reason, I've been very stinky down there. The weird part is that I have no discharge. At one point I did have hpv, but that went away. I appreciate any and all recommendations!
I'm 16 years old and only had sex with one guy but now all the time I'm smelling this really bad odor and I just can't seem to make it go away. I'm scared to ask my mom to take me to the droctors because of what she could say. I don't take pressure really well. And I have a lot of anxiety. SOMEONE HELP!!!!! I'm always scared to be sexually active with my boyfriend because I don't know what he would think. I just want this odor to be gone. Someone tell me what I should do and how I should tell me mom.
Hi Caryn, I can relate to you very much! You sound like a very kind person with good advice! My question is, did your doctor ever say that the chlamydia can cause a bad odor?
thanks, Cathy
You might want to go to the doctor to see if you have any type of infection. To help the smell don't wear tight pants and wear cotton underwear. Also try eating yogurt. Yogurt will also help. If the smell is not getting g better. I recommend seeing a doctor about it.
Am also 19 and I have had the same problem . Ive tried lots of options even went to the doctor for it . But I still have no idea. I also take the depo shot as well and get checked everytime but I was molested by my ex and got pregnant by him. But I still do everything normally but still cant seem to figure out this odor? Someone help.
its mostly your diet that affects the odor. things like beer, meats, or dairy products can produce a strong foul odor. try more organic items! like fruits and organic drinks like green tea!! LOTS OF WATER!!!
Taking a probiotic will help reduce the production of yeast in your system. Some get probiotics in yogurt, but it is best to take a supplement from a natural health store (NOT from discount stores, they have too many chemicals and don't work).

I also recommend taking a Baking Soda bath to reduce odor.
Ladies,

I was reading this to see if I could find a cure for my ex-wife, and tell her in the nicest way possible that she needs to correct this issue.  I brought it up to her at the beginning of our marriage (we were married for 20 years) but she got offended and told me that it was NORMAL.  I'm not bragging, just stating fact here, but I've been with about 40 women in my life (47 yrs YOUNG) and NONE of them smelled NEAR as bad as her.  I was wondering if anyone had tried Pro-B?  It has some REALLY good reviews on Amazon and I was thinking about recommending it to her.  Yes, we have a strange "ex" relationship.  We get along MUCH better as friends than we ever did as spouses.  I just feel bad for her and worry that guys that she dates may be ending things with her due , in part, to this.  Has anyone had any luck with this product?
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.