Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

endo and pregnancy

Hi, I have endo and have been on depo provera for 2 1/2 years. I still have pain when the last injection wears off, but I'm 28 and I know that if I'm going to try to get pregnant I should soon while my chances are better. My question is that I have heard that even though when you go off depo and your period comes back right away, it can still take a year before you begin ovulating again, does anyone know about this or been in this experience. I want to try but I don't know how long I can stand the pain since before depo I had cramps every day even on the pill and when I had my period I was bed ridden for 4-7 days because the pain was so bad.
1 Responses
In the most extreme scenarios depo remains in the system for 12-18 months. I am unsure if that is the norm for everyone though. I was also on it for some time due to endo and although it was years ago I seem to recall that my cycles regulated pretty quickly.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.