facing prolonged menstrual bleeding? how to stop it?what makes it happen?

Its eddy here, m 37 years old, my menstrual cycle always end within 5 to 6 days earlier, Since 2 months ago periods continued 10 to 11 days after every two hours have to change a tampon. Started my periods on 10th April bleeding prolonged and it hasn't stopped. Blood clots are expelled, giving severe pain, unbearable situation. I went GYN and she has prescribed to do blood tests for anemia. I am feeling nausea, dizzy and struggling with a fever. How long will it take to stop periods?why is this happening?
COMMUNITY LEADER
That is outside of normal.  I would call your ob/gyn about this.  You could be producing too much progesterone or have issues with the lining of your uterus.  Some women have ablations for this (but would not do this unless you are done having kids), etc.  But you need to talk to your doctor for why and how to handle it.  Come back and tell us what they say, okay?
COMMUNITY LEADER
I see you went to your ob/gyn. They only did tests for anemia?  What about a check of your hormones or uterus?  
COMMUNITY LEADER
Ask for an ultrasound to check your uterus for fibroids.  Of course she should have checked you for anemia, but for heaven's sake, the doctor should not have failed to order an ultrasound, and a hormone level measurement, and if nothing else turned up, an MRI of the uterus.