girlfriend changes after hysterectomy

me again, my girlfriend had hysterectomy four months ago. during this time she has broken up with my three times now. three weeks ago she asked me to marry her, this last week she gave ring back and said she dosent want to be in a relationship now. she dosent make sense. she never did talk to her doctor and refuses too, she says there is nothing to help her. she says she is stressing on all her bills and that is why she dosent want a relationship now. she seems to be getting worse. do u think that this is still hormones? she still has her ovaries, but i read that sometimes they can go into menopause. i read little on menopause, bout symptoms, but seems like shes lost interest in everything. she seems depressed, guess i am just venting. cause if she wanted to get better you think she would talk to her doctor. thanks for all information you have helped me with.
sorry to here what has happened to you. i typed " mood changes after hysterectomy" into my search engine to look on the computer and it was written there that in trials up to 24% of post opp ladies sufered anxiety and depression following surgery. i didnt read on though to find if this was phychological or physical. have a look and see what you think.
If she is worth hanging on for, then you will need to find other ways to have fun without her, when she is being this moody.  If she is not worth hanging on for because her moods are so extreme, you may have to tell her it is time for you to get on with your life without being whipsawed around by her moods, unless she sees the doc.  Tough but really, it may be the only way she will go.  Good luck!
O aint that a bit harsh Annie the girl just had a hesterectamy (sp) maybe its not just hormones but the fact that she cant have kids etc. I think even if you cant be a bf for her anymore cos its too much, at least try and stay as a friend, which Im sure u still care about her or u wouldnt ask on here for help. It may take some time but you being there for her will be a help and she will thank u one day. In a way I see where Annie is coming from but u have to be careful, only u know her if it will heklp or tip her over the edge...
Well, I would possibly have thought that advice was a bit harsh the first time Ed posted, but this has been going on a while, and this woman with the hysterectomy does still have her ovaries so she shouldn't be suffering hormonal mood swings.  Sure, maybe it is grief over the loss of possibly having a child, but she has been refusing her bf's phone calls and taking a week a month to sit at home and not answer the phone and so on, and won't see the doctor or consider counseling or even get a check-up.  So it seemed like Ed does have the right to say something.  I was also saying he should not give an ultimatum if he feels that, even the way she is now, she is worth waiting for.
yes i care for her,and love her. but right now she wont even answer the phone when i call. i left a mess and told her we could be at least friends.
O rite maybe I didnt read properly, I didnt realise this had been going on so long. Well, hmm hard thing really. Cos u dont know whats going on in her head, but at least u(Ed) left a message saying u can be friends. Maybe just give her some space, and see if she comes to you. I guess if u care for her alot u wont be wanting someone else, but maybe u may have to consider she wont come round... sorry to hear ur having to go thru this. Maybe write her a letter how u feel cos it really isnt fair and u seem like ur trying ur best for her. But like I said sometimes people take a while to snap out of things
i appreciate all your help, it helps me alot. i have wrote her letters, try to tell her from my heart. and try and give her space. but it is hard after being with someone and then not having them talk to u. i talked to her last nite, and hopefully she will get some help. i myself have been counsenling with my pastor since all this started. and he has also tried calling her to talk to her, and some of women from church understands what she is goin through, and they all say same thing , she needs to talk to someone. again appreciate all you folks's help very much, and God bless you..
God bless you, too, Ed.  She may come around.