green knot on calf

I had been playing soccer in the yard with my son and husband for awhile when I noticed a very hard golf sized knot under my skin on my calf.  It was immediately green and had purple and pink pinhole bruising in the center over the knot.  It is very tender and hurts because its right over my muscle.  I did not feel anything bite me nor did I get hit there to cause a broken blood vessel, and ideas what this could possibly be??? *#@*veryconcerned
Try looking up the description of compartment syndrome.  If that sounds even remotely correct, go to the doctor or even the ER and get examined.