heavy bleeding in between periods...why?

Okay so I started my period August 7th and it stopped on the 13th (this is normal length for me) I had unprotected sex on the 16th and the 19th. I started light bleeding on the night of the 19th. I've been bleeding for 4 days and it's kinda heavy. I don't know why I'm bleeding again but I'm kind of scared. I'm 16 and overweight (I don't know if this matters)
are you alright now...are your still  bleeding ???
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  Women have irregular bleeding and mid cycle bleeding for a few different reasons.  Some have it due to fibroids and others have it due to hormonal imbalances such too much progesterone production.  The best thing to do is to see your doctor.

If you had unprotected sex and risked pregnancy, it also could be a chemical pregnancy (very early miscarriage) but that would be an isolated incident.  

good luck