heavy period

I gave birth 3 months ago and got my first period the second month after birth it lasted 5 days now 2 weeks later I have a heavy period.I have to change pad every 1-2 hours.I also have lower back pain and abdominal pain.Is this normal?
It could just be that your body is trying to get back to normal from your pregnancy.  It can take a while for your hormones and your body to get back to normal.  Is it possible that you could have gotten pregnant again?  If so, it could possibly be a miscarriage.  If you are worried about it then you should call your dr.  If you are not sure, then you could just try and wait it out to see if and when it stops.  Good luck and keep me posted
Hi thankyou for your help my period already stopped.Sorry that it took me to long to get back to you.Im 20 years old and was worried but your answar realy helped thankyou.Oh you have very cute kids!