herpes

hi my new girlfriend has informed me she has had herpes for the past 15 years ,we have not had sex yet but i am very concerned about  intercoarse and oral sex .What is the chances of getting it if i wear a condom
As I remember in sex Ed if u wear a condom and she doesn't have an outbreak then there's usually no chance in getting it.. I believe u can only get it if she does have an outbreak at the time of intercouse.. So no sex during outbreaks. She should b on medication to keep her from
getting out breaks. I'm sure she knows all about this information.. Asked her the details and maybe to even ease ur mind u can both go to a clinic and talk about ur sex options. Good luck
The most important aspect is to know whether or not she takes medication to subside the flare-ups of having herpes. She should definitely be on some kind of medication for that disease. Second, if she is having a flare-up, you should not have any form of intercourse, but in case you do, you should know that it does not protect you 100%. Check out this website for more information:
http://herpes-coldsores.com/safe_sex_with_herpes.htm

My husband contracted herpes from a moment of cheating and we've had sex since (not when he has an outbreak), and I have been totally fine. The problem occurs during an outbreak. good luck!
from my understanding you should only have intercourse when no infection is present