how soon does period resume after iud removal

how long does it take for period to return
I can answer this one. I have had an IUDs since year '97' so I know alot about it. I just had it removed this July because my husband and I were trying to concieve. We got pregnant in August.
IUDs do not cause hormonal inbalance like birth control pills. If you have had regular periods every month then the removal of the IUD should not change your cycle. Unless you got pregnant.
The only thing that changes is the really heavy periods because normally with IUDs, you have extremly heavy and watery periods. Sorry if this grosses some people out. You period should resume as normal 28 days from you last period if you have been tracking them. I it does not resume, then I would call the DR and take a HPT. I got pregnant immediately. I lost it from an EP but that is another matter. I hope this helps.
Suni
I wanted to add for my comment on the birth control pills. I am not an expert with that but I think they do something with your period or change your cyle. I know the IUD only makes you bleed heavier. Don't quote me on the BCP because I could have that info wrong.
Suni
I had a far different experience with my IUD, but have heard it can go either way. I had mine placed 8 weeks PP with my son (July of 04) and just had mine removed on Nov 7. I nursed until my son was 15 months (bedtime feeding only from 13 months on) but still did not get a period for the first few months of partially weaning. Finally, I got my first af in August. It was light and barely noticable. Same with Sept and with Oct. But once I got the IUD removed last Monday, I have had bleeding episodes after intercourse. They typically only last a few hours, but I still found it odd. The good news is that it doesn't appear to have messed with my cycle. I was due to ovulate on the 11th, and even with the few bleeding episodes (I was starting to wonder if my calendar had been reset) I still had those familiar O pains on Friday.

If your cycle doesn't return, definitely follow the advice gien above. Take an HPT, if negative, consult your doctor.

Good luck!

Andi

thankyou for the info im due to start on the 16 of this month all i can do is wait but i've been having pregnancy signs had blood test as well as hpt they both came out neg of course this was in oct first week and im still having the flutters in my stomach and dizziness breast leaks nausea sensitive to smells what do you girls think about this ive posted on some other boards spoke to a few women who say that they're hcg levels were low and couldn't find out until they were 2 1/2 mths
If you are reading negative on both blood and urine HPTs, there is no way your "flutters" are due to a baby moving around : ) I had phantom flutters with my IUD in and a few even in the few short days since its removal. Most likely just a muscle spasm of sorts.

A very wise woman on these boards has been known to say that symptoms are one of the worst ways to detect pregnancy and I am inclined to agree. PMS symptoms and pregnancy symptoms are very similar and are easily confused. Stress can also cause your mind and body to play tricks on you. Wait to see what happens, if af is late and it is normally quite regular, then maybe you should take a test.

Good luck!

Andi
I agree with Andi. Stress can play a factor. Also, women who want to get pregnant bad enough sometimes have pregnancy symptoms. I am not saying that you are that case but it happens.
I still want to get pregnant after the Ectopic pregnancy but it will happen when it happens. It is in God's time for me.
If the blood test came out negative, then you are not pregnant.
I think Andi also mentioned that. I hope everything goes well for you.
Suni