Women's Health Community
65.6k Members
Avatar universal

i need help

About 30 min ago i noticed a slight swelling of my labia. Now it has gotten much worse. on wed my doctor gave me some cream for a yeast infection but i dont no if it is that or what. I need some advice.
10 Responses
93654 tn?1247502934
What kind of cream did the doctor give you? Did the swelling get worse after you used the cream?
Avatar universal
The cream is called terconazole. i only used it the first night and then today after i noticed the swelling i used it again, but the cream had no affect on the swelling. what do u suggest i do?>
93654 tn?1247502934
Hmm...I wonder if you're allergic to it? I wish I had a definite answer. If you think it could be an allergic reaction, I would stop using it and take some benadryl to see it that helps. I looked it up on yahoo health, and it said this:

"If the infection does not clear up after one course of therapy or if it appears to get worse, see your doctor. You may have another type of infection."

93654 tn?1247502934
Hopefully, monkeyflower will see this and answer you. She's the coochie guru.  :)
Avatar universal
It does kind of sound like the possibility of an allergic reaction.
Avatar universal
I LOVE IT....."coochie guru" yes! she is an expert with the ole vagina! i have been needing her down below(no pun intended!) i mean the post down below. if anyone know vagina 101 and 102 its monkeyflower!
Avatar universal
Hey--if you want monkeyflower, she's been over on the Undiagnosed Symptoms forum and the men's forum a few times.  Don't know if ya'll visit over there~~
79258 tn?1190634010
You all are totally cracking me up. I read your post to my husband, who thought "coochie guru" was cute... and will probably tease me about it for weeks to come ;-)

Oceans: I really think you sound fine. I swear. Besides, if it were something to be concerned about, I'm sure your doctor would have said something. I'm totally guessing, but I bet it's skin tags, or hymenal tags. You've probably had them for years, but just never paid such close attention before :-)

Original poster: I agree that an allergic reaction sounds reasonable. However, I wouldn't have responded if I hadn't seen my name, since I only answer if I know what I'm talking about and this is out of my realm of experience. But I think the generic advice applies: if it hasn't gotten any better (or got worse) I'd call your doctor and ask what s/he thinks.

p.s. I'm always around on the STD, HIV, men's health and this board. Except for the last week or two, that is, since I've been traveling and working so much. I'll be out of town again later this week, too, but then it should be mostly back to normal for a while. Thanks for missing me!
Avatar universal
You should change your user name to coochie-guru!  

I laughed about that, too!  Your advice is always appreciated.
93654 tn?1247502934
It just came to me last night...coochie guru. I'm thinking that monkeyflower can just add a siggy to her posts. After she shares her advice, she can just sign off:

"~monkeyflower, coochie guru"
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.