Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members

i think im pregnant but i have engaged in sex

hi, i first started my period on the either the 3rd,4th or 5th of June, im like 2 weeks late. and im wondering whats going on? my mom said its becuz i may start more than every 28 days, but i dont know. is it possible that im sick or something else? plz help me, im not feeling so great about this, i am afraid something is really wrong with me / my body
9 Responses
ok i made an error in the subject title. i think im pregant but i have NOT engaged in sex... big mistake, sry
If you haven't had sex then there's no way you could be pregnant, so rest assured on that one:-)
134578 tn?1578157483
COMMUNITY LEADER
It is quite possible to have a month where you just don't have a period, often because you don't ovulate that month.  Stress can also keep someone from having her period.  If you haven't had sex, well, you are not preggers.  Take care, and try to relax.
i figured tht, thnks for the help, i am stressing so tht might be it
if you're thinking that you MAY be pregnant, is it possible you engaged in sex after you're LAST period? also like the others said, i can sympathize w/it that stressing will cause you to be late...also especially if you are young and/or athletic...good luck...
134578 tn?1578157483
COMMUNITY LEADER
Another thing I was thinking is that if you haven't been having periods very long, it might just be your body adjusting to itself and settling into a routine.  Also, females who are close to each other (in proximity, such as roommates) often find that their cycles adjust to each other and they begin to cycle at the same time -- I think this is attributed to pheremones.  So if you have recently been exposed to someone new who is female who is now in your life a lot, it might be that your period is adjusting and reacting to that.  Another thing that can affect a period that is no big deal is if in the previous month you had an ovarian cyst that threw its own hormonal action into your system.  That can make the next period (as my doctor put it) "funny."  (Love those technical medical explanations! LOL)  Anyway, please don't worry, it is probably just one of those things our bodies do.  If this continues for a couple of months with no period, then do get an ob-gyn appointment and talk everything over.  Take care!  Annie
If you haven't had sex, then there's really no way you are pregnant.  I encourage you to speak to an older sister or a trusted female to learn more about this kind of stuff.  Or just ask questions here.  Good luck.
Why do you think you are pregnant if you haven't had sex?  Do
you have a boyfriend and are you doing things that make you
think you could be pregnant?  Just curious.  You sound awfully
young.
I hate saying this but I know of a few people that have been taken advantage of (raped) while they were passed out/drugged. That isn't a possibility is it? Just wanted to cover all ground. Hope all is well.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.