itchy skin

I JUST ALL OF A SUDDEN A FEW DAYS AGO, STARTED ITCHING OVER FRONT AND BACK UPPER PART OF MY BODY, INSIDE SKIN, THEN IT STOPS FOR A WHILE. WHAT COULD THIS BE
Could be any number of things or just a random itch.  I'd go get checked out by the doctor.  Do you have a rash along with it?
Itchy skin that isn't accompanied by other obvious skin changes, such as a rash, is most often caused by dry skin (xerosis). Dry skin usually results from environmental factors that you can wholly or partially control. These include hot or cold weather with low humidity levels, long-term use of air conditioning or central heating, and washing or bathing too much.

Other conditions cause itchy skin as well. Skin conditions like psoriasis,dermatitis,lice,scabies and hives, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders, diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals, wool, soaps, cosmetics and certain foods  can cause itchy skin.

You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. Also apply calamine lotion and take oral steroids for the same.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.