labia cyst?
After my shower a few days ago i noticed a "bump" on my right labia, it is slowly getting larger and it is not an external bump like a pimple, it is under the skin. Any ladies have any advice or should i try to get an appointment ASAP with my GYN? It is sore to the touch  and red. No drainage or anything.
I am 21 (almost 22) years old. I am sexually active, but have only ever had one sexual partner and we have been together for several years. About a year ago I noticed this little bump on the right outer side of my vagina (near the bottom). When I had my next doctors app. I talked to her about it, but because it wasn't there for her to see it was hard to diagnose. She suggested to leave it be, as it was gone. A few months later it came back. It was not very big (maybe pea sized), and it only hurt when i would touch it (with some pressure). Again I left it, and it went away. This re-occured a total of 3 times. Just this past weekend it came back! But this time, it is not going away and it continues to grow. It is now 5 days later and it gets bigger and more soar each day. I went to my doctors yesterday (an on-call doctor as my regular is on maternity leave) and she said it is a cyst/boil. She said there is not too much to diferentiate the two, except one is 1 large pocket of puss, and the other is several pockets or compartments of puss. She poked and dug around (super uncomfortable!) but she could not find a head. She gave me a perscription for some numbing cream (which helps a bit) and suggested alternating between warm/hot and cold compresses. Warm to reduce pain, and cold to reduce swelling. She told me to watch it (or because it is in a quite difficult place to see, to ask my partner..which i am greatful he is so helpful and not at all sickened by this, which I think I would be if I were a guy), and to wait until a head appears. She suggested that it would appear on the most tender spot, and would appear whitish in colour. At this time I am to immediatly to make an appointment and she will make an incision to drain the puss. She explained that the reason she did not want to do this at my first appointment is because if the incision is not made into the head, then it will not drain the puss from all the pockets/compartments, and it will eventually come back again.
The pain is almost unbearable, I have still been going to work (which ***** because I work with kids and am constantly up and down and moving), but I am trying to limit my moving. At this point it generally hurts regardless of wether im moving or not, sitting and walking are very painfull. I have been taking advil (and tonight a tylonal 3), and applying the numbing cream (over the counter $14.99CAN) which seems to help. After reading these threads I got the idea to take a hot bath (which is where I am now) and it seems to be extremely helpful with dulling the pain. Before I got in the bath I used a mirror and was looking and where the head appears to be forming is quite bruised (a purple-black colour). I am hoping to make my appointment for tomorrow or Thursday at the lastest!! I just thought I would share my experience.
SUMED UP:
- DO NOT TRY TO SQUEEZE OR DRAIN YOURSELF! - you are likely not to get it all, and this will cause it to come back and often become more and more painful each time.
- DON'T BE EMBARASSED! - talk to you mom/parent/partner and go see the doctor!! let them know you have done your research and would like to have it surgically removed (small incision and stitches, few days bed rest)
- PAIN MEDICATION AND HOT BATHS! - these are the two things I have found to be most helpful. up until tonight i was taking extra strength advil as a pain killer. mind you it does not take the pain away competly, it will reduce it, and in my case make it barable.
- TAKE IT EASY!! - I have been careful to take it slow when going in a sitting position, or coming to a stand, bending over and walking (also walking with a little bit of a limp). mine is also right at the fold of my vagina and leg (right where my underwear line is!!!) so I avoid wearing underwear when possible. as soon as i get home, off they come.

I hope this helped somebody, don't fret as it is nothing life threatening or STD's, but it is discomforting to say the least and don't brush it off (like i did), because in my experience it will come back, and it will come back worse!!
Hi, I've been getting bartholins cyst since I was 16 years old. And now I'm 20. At this current moment I'm exsperiencing the cyst. I'm in so much pain. I went to th gyn yesterday and they we're going to lance it but I'm terrified of
needles. Anyway. You can either go to a gyn to get it lanced exspecilly to see If its infected. Or yu can juss wait for it to come to a head and pop on its own. But once that pops you will be pain free
I have a lump on the right side of my lady parts and its getting bigger, there is no head and no puss..just wondered if anyone has experienced this.
a few days ago i cut myself shaving down there and I've had a pain on my right lip as if it were still cut but today i saw a hard small bump on my labia, its hard and a little bit white, i've never had something like this i'm wondering if this could be a possible cyst? i tried poping it but nothing came out and it just caused more pain then anything, help!
I've just read your comment since I haven't researched this before. I have had this growth on my labia for about 4 years. Finally got nerve to see the doctor about it. The guess was a Bartholin cyst, but it doesn't seem to agree with what I have. It is 3" long and round with a radius of about 1". Surgery is being done to remove it. None of those involved seem to know much about it. Now, since I'm going into the hospital, I have shared it with family & have found that my daughters & gr-daughters all have this problem. Sizes are varied. Must be genetic.
im very upsetted and annoyed, there is a hard boil, or a lump or something i dont know what it is it feels like a pore on my left labia and i cant get to it to squeeze it or whatever i dont even have a needle to get rid of it. its annoying me really bad and im worried i have to go to the doctor for it. i dont have anything to get rid of it. its small and in the size of a small pimple but its annoying as heck and it made my left labial area sore and tender and burning almost not burning to where i cant sit on a toilet though its just aggravating. i had a partial hysterectomy a few years ago and i have this occasional spotting bleeding (like in a sense of a period but its not a period) last time i had it was last month but its january now and i dont know if that is a annoying side effect of the bleeding spotting thing that i have to encounter like once every 7 months. do i have to go to the doctor for this and what ointments or whatever do i need to get to get rid of this thing since i cant pop it its situated in a lil spot to where i cant pop it.
I had them for a few years and they got real big I soaked in apple cider vinegar and popped it blood and stuff came out and it flattened out and went away it came back in a year and I did the same thing .  Doctor said I had to go to a plastic surgeon to get them out or a dermatologist.  But this works soak in acv and pop it.
Doctor asked if I shaved and I do so I have stopped shaving.  She said these were glands that become infected and become cysts.  So maybe if we stop shaving and soak them because they do go away.
I have had this type of lump/bump several times....I am not a doctor and I am not sure about this but I think it is glandular and results from an injury to that part or another part of one's body.  Even bruising on an upper limb or torso can bring on this lump.  Also, I have had lumps under my armpit that, I believe, are also glandular (or gland-related) and appear as reactions to bumps, cuts, bruises or some type of injury to a part of one's body.  The injury can be very minor.  I'm not sure, but from my experience, the lump disappears within a few days or so, possibly because the injury heals.
but it hurts so much i dont think i can even sqeeze it with a head on it its so sore i cant even touch it? what sould i do its is very very painful even after a bath
I had something similar but I think it came about because my panties were too tight and at night caused an irritation on my right labia that over the day became a painful cyst that filled with a clear liquid.
I applied a drawing salve on it and covered with a light pad. Although irritating for the day it finally broke. In the next two days the cyst area healed. This happened once before about ten years ago so don't think it was anything more than perhaps an ingrown hair or possibly an infection because of the irritation.  
I'm not sure if what I was getting is what the rest of you are describing, but, I found a "cure" to my very, very painful, occasional bumps, cysts, whatever you want to call them.  I found that I would get them after sex, or even after manual stimulation.  I hit the health food store, and got some oil of clove and mixed just a couple of drops in  with some olive oil.  I spread it on, even before a bump showed up.  Spread it on after a night of sex or manual stimulation, I haven't had one of those dreaded bumps in several months.  (thank goodness!).

Use the eseential oils VERY sparingly.  Just a couple of drops in some olive oil, otherwise, it will BURN like heck.  Another oil I tried was "purification" oil.  It's a combination of Citronella, rosemary, lavandin, and lemongrass.

So, my story is....get to the bump before it gets to you.  LOL.  Hope this helps.
A Bartholin gland duct can get blocked by infection, swelling, or thick mucus.1 When a duct gets blocked, fluid builds up and creates a cyst. The cyst can get bigger after sex, because the glands make more fluid during sex.
I have a ball on my left labia. It was small n little by little its gettin bigger. This mornin i woke up n omg it hurts like never before the ball is bigger n tender to the touch! N e ideas as to wat it is n wat i should do??
Hi, thanks for your comment.  I have had luck doing that with lavender oil but it didn't seem to prevent it, just shrink it.  Clove oil is pretty strong, you are very brave! :)

For all the above posts, I found that these developed in the later half of my cycle, after ovulation and when I take wild yam, which is basically a natural progesterone, they went away.  I get my stuff online from an herbal company called Terra Firma Botanicals, she makes a wild yam combo that really seems to help.

I never asked her specifically about the cysts, I was actually taking the wild yam for some perimenopause type symptoms.  But within a month the cysts went away.  This past month I ran out and sure enough, I had a cyst again right before my period.

Does anyone else notice this pattern?
Thanks!
I agree. Epsom Salt baths (in the hottest water that you can stand) and hot compresses are the key.  It took 6 days for mine to come to a head but it did and it did it on it's own (started out like a pimple on the left outer labia lip and swelled to ten times the size that it started out as before it came to a head).  I did the salt baths 3-4 times a day for no less than 20 minutes and when I couldn't walk, I sat with a hot handtowel on it for as long as I could stand it for as hot as I could stand it.  

For the times that I had to walk, I put a piece of gauze over it and taped it the best I could.  I found that a pad rubbed it and moved against me but the gauze stayed with me because it was taped.  That is how I managed to get through the night and get some sleep.  

Once it popped, ironically I was in a salt bath when it popped, it was a yellow liquid like puss followed by a clear/bloody/pinkish colored puss.  I then put hydrogen peroxide on it with a Q-tip, put a bandaid on it, and followed that with underwear and a pantyliner and I feel sooo much better.  I can walk again today.  

I will continue to do the salt baths because it feels like there is still more in there but don't rush the process because you run the risk of a bigger infection.  

Also, for those of you that did get an antibiotic and are afraid of the yeast infection that may follow, AZO Yeast pills can be found at any pharmacy or store with a pharmacy section, like WalMart or Target.  Follow the directions (I believe it's 3 times a day while taking an antibiotic and once a day as a normal regimine to avoid them all together).  You can also load up on plain yogurt to help avoid or tackle a yeast infecton.

Please note, I recently moved out of state and have not found a new doctor yet so my old doctor in my old state did perscribe an antibiotic for me and had it called into my pharmacy in my new state.  He knows I don't run to him every other week for something so I think he knew if I was calling, I really had a problem. I really think that is why he called in the antibiotic for me. I tell you all of this so that you will know why I didn't actually see a doctor but did get an antibiotic.  These are all the things my doctor told me to do without actually seeing me.

(I have since scheduled a new patient appt. with a doctor in my new city.)
I know this sounds crazy but I just had a lump in the same spot a couple of days ago. i have gotten them before and had to wait until it came to a head which took forever and was very uncomfortable. I would sit in a hot tub for hours...lol. When I finally was able to pop it it was not pleasant. Hurt like heck. This time I decided to put some Neutrogena spot treatment for a couple of days. I could believe how much better it felt the next day. I put a dab on each night after a shower. Then one night I noticed a little spotting. the cyst had opened and was leaking. No squeezing or pain necesarry. dont know if this will work for everyone. but it saved me a ton of pain
Thank-you Trac777 for all of your helpful information regarding Behcet's Disease. It is an immense help to me to know about this Disease, as I have been experiencing many symptoms that are similar to this and am starting to feel like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall, just going round and round in circles visiting doctors and the hospital with the same abcess/ cyst problems. These started when I had my son by an emergency c-section and then developed an infection in hospital afterwards. I then developed mastitis which led to multiple breast abcesses, and now I have been having labial cyst/ abcesses and folliculitis, bacterial vaginosis and other issues, including flare ups when I am tired or stressed. I was also diagnosed with IBS as a teenager, and have had surgeries for Endometriosis and Anal fissures in the past. I will now finally feel like I have a new suggestion to offer the doctors here in New Zealand, although I don't feel confident that they will listen unfortunately :( Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you from the bottom of my heart for your posts though, It was great to feel a sense that other people may just understand what I am going through. Be strong, Kia kaha everyone who is suffering
i first got a 'cyst' on my right labia about 6 months ago, it went away and didn't give me much grief but there was always a tiny lump under the skin left there. Then last week the lump started to flare up again and this time it has been about the size of a peanut and extremely painful.

My mother is a nurse and i asked her about it and she said the whole hot soak and compression thing. I did that and then took to it with a needle. I didn't get anything out of it with the needle because it was so painful and i was too chicken to stick the needle in very far.

But the next day (today) i found it had popped overnight and there was a lot of blood in mine, not much pus but i think it is draining on its own. I'm wearing a pad for the leakage.

It still feels like there is a hard lump of pus under the skin but my mum said this is probably just inflamed tissue and will go down after a few days. The pain has reduced a lot and i am so relieved, I didn't go to the doctor but if it comes up again i most probably will to get it cut out.
Hello, first and foremost ladies see a GYN ASAP.  

I'm 30 years old, little complicated age, and it happened to me twice.

Im super sensitive in my area and i learned that i cant shave with the same shaver more than once. about 4 years ago I developed a abscess in my right upper labia minora. Its not bartholin cyst because of the area . It's like the whole right side of my clitoris was swollen, first I felt a lump within the clitoris, a little painful when i squeezed into it. Then slowly it started increasing in size. My doctor recommended lots a hot sitz baths as hot as you can take it two to three times a day. He diagnosed it as folicutis. Where i shaved and as the hairs grew back maybe with some type of bacteria. The hairs irritated my clitoris and maybe even punctured it. This caused my clitoris irritation and formed an infection/absess. So the infection has no where to go, in the meantime it blows up into the size of a golf ball almost. The sitz baths stimulates the abscess to mature. I did for three to four days. The doctor said it would be better to let the infection find its way out by itself, cause if he cuts into it, it may bleed to much if it's not mature and ready to pop.  When I couldn't take the pain no more, could nt walk without my legs wide open and couldn't sit. I took of in my car to the ER, on thevway there the abscess popped, found its own way out. Boy was I relieved I knew this was the road to recovery! The doctor finished squeezing the remainder of it, took some antibiotics and a one pill to prevent yeast infection from the antibiotic. I continued some sitz baths and rinsed with a little iodine and boiled fresh water I mixed in a hygienic bottle every time I used the toilet. And changed mini gauzes I used for the drainage. The doctor did mention that it may or may not reoccur.

Well four years later after not having any problems and shaving normally. It reoccurred same area starting with a bump last week, I started hot sitz baths, boiled water and let it cool off a bit. A little cortisone to relieve the discomfort a little. But it just got bigger and bigger. Again same doctor as four years ago he didnt want to cut into it yet it wasnt infected just inflamed. But it so uncomfortable, barely sit or walk taking of work SMH .i needed to speed this process up a bit. Home remedies of mine were hot sitz bath with a cup of Epsom salt three times a day. At night I rubbed a little Vicks vapor rub around the area mainly outer lips the cooling helps it mature Faster and surface. Yesterday one week later it got purple and huge like a balloon no sign of a head or infection coming to the surface. Very painful, I rushed back to the ER my doctor came he examined it, said it was ready . I told him to go ahead and drain it. OMg it was so painfull I had to hold on tight. The doc did local anesthesia right in the abscess which was the worst, cut it open in an area that would heal fast and not cause too much dismority of tissue when it heals. He drained and drained shot some antibiotics and numbing medicine for the pain in there. Was sent home with Tylenol cod 3. Yesterday it burned it stinged and it was extremely painful. pain medicine didn't work . Ibuprofen 600 helped with pain and inflammation and I was able to sleep. I took 1 1/2 ibprofens =900 .

Today I woke up brand new on the road to heeling again lots of sitz baths with a little iodine in the water not too hot just warm, changing gauze numerous times and keeping area clean, the swelling went down a whole lot and hopefully this never comes back ever again.  

Take good care ladies! Your not alone, hope this helps.

Ladies I know how horrible this problem can be! I get them probably at least once a month mostly due to wearing pants and/or sex. I have been to the OBGYN about it & she told me its only an abscess and unfortunatley theres not much you can do other than wait for it to go away or pop it. Ive done the popping which is extremely painful but i have also found (from reading other blogs) a topical treatment called TendSkin! Tend Skin works, I only use it once I get them. I can't afford to use it daily at the time but I imagine it would be twice as effective if used daily. if you plan to only use it once you get the abscess it will take about 3 days to clear up.

Also, my doctor advised not wearing tight pants and/or even using baby powder as they likely develop from lack of air circulation and sweat.

Tend Skin for anyone who needs an alternative to popping!

I wish there was a better preventative treatment!!!!
I had a lump in my left labia, went to an OBGYN and told that it was a labial cyst. The following week i had it excised. It took about an hour for the surgery but the recovery was hell! I stayed in bed for a week. I can't sit properly! It took about three-four weeks for me to do my normal daily routine. Now i'm six weeks post-operation but there are times that it swells when i feel aroused or after self stimulation. It takes about a day or two for the swelling to go away. I'm a virgin and i worry about having a normal sex life because of this. Have you guys experienced this? Im freaking out! I dont want another surgery!!! Help please!!
I think I have a Bartholin cyst on my labia, and it starting to get a little painful/sore. I'd really like to see a gyno, just to be sure, but I just recently turned 16 a few days ago and I'm too embarrassed to ask my mother to take me to one. If there are any home remedies that really work, please help!
My daughter had a problem with getting multiple cysts at a time.  The gyn didn't really know how to treat them.  When she went to the dermatologist she mentioned the problem.  It was recommended that she buy a over-the-counter skin wash called HIBICLENS to use on the pubic area.  It is a antiseptic/antimicrobial skin cleanser.  She has bought it at all major drug stores.  It is a preventitive and has worked MIRACLES for her.  Thought I'd pass that info on so maybe it will help someone, like it did my daughter.  She sometimes gets a little flare-up, but nothing like when she was getting 4 or 5 cycts at a time.  
Years ago i have 4 skin infections come up in the area of my panty line and one on my vulva.  The GYN doc stated they were boils and treated me with antibiotic and went away. Then 10 yrs passed and one area on my vulva would absess and drain with puss and the GYN stated it was a boil again.  Treated with antibiotics, cleaned with alcohol and antibiotic oitment but it would go away and in 30 days be back with same issues.  very painful.  I requested the doctor is there a way to get rid of it and he said it would have to be surgically removed so I did, upon further evaluation they thought it was a tumor because it was very deep but upon results back it was a cycst.  It initially was a hard lump under the skin that would fester and drain, bleed and very painful.  So far that area has not reappeared with another cyst and the GYN stated most likely will never, but now I have a lump under my skin near my inner thigh close to the panty line and i cannot wear any panties with a thick band otherwise it rubs and irritates this growth which is different from the one I had surgically removed because it has never festered up to drain.  Going to GYN to check this.
That is definitely Bacteria Vaginosis.  I hope it's subsided (considering your post was like 6 years ago lol)  I have/had it myself and suffered like a dog for years.  Almost every time I had sex my genitals, labia and everything would swell and be extremely itchy and painful.  There's not much of anything you can do because BV is usually caused by natural high Ph levels.  

Buy yourself some Acidophalis (it's a natural bacterial culture) it counteracts the Ph levels and battles the bad bacterias found in women and replaces with good, a lot like yogurt but more so!  It's a LIFE SAVER!!
i have a red hard lump on my labia  is sore n made my gland swell to , i thought it was a ingrowing hair so tried to pop it n squeeze it but since that been feelin out of sorts n feelin ill like ive got a infection am really worried x
Ask a vulvar specialist to check for vulvadynia (also goes by other names). It's easy to check for.  Treatment is usually atarax or some other antihistamine with skin effects, diet moderation, and possibly switching to skirts instead of pants.  It's not known whether this is triggered by yeast infections or by the treatment for those infections.  
Diet means low oxalates: tea, coffee, etc. Check on line for low-oxalate diet.
its been cold outside so one day i decided to wear my leggings under my skinny jeans laundry day of course i was wearing my church underwear (holes), and lik 2 days later i noticed a difference..i ladies do have herpes and knw the difference between a sore and a lump ive never had this before and dont knw wat to think of it im alittle shocked actually coming from me. its about the size of a pea it dont have a head and its only painful when pressure is applied or when i wipe idk wat this is im praying its something that goes away really scared i only have 1 partner and was tested back in december 3rd everything was negative of course i also take medicine for my outbreaks and havnt had one sence ive been on the meds so to see this lump scared me at first because i do have unprotected sex SOMETIMES my partner does knw and is okay with it but we recently had unprotected sex during this lump situation and im alittle scared is it a cyst or something i dont have good insurance so idk if the health department can determine wat exactly wat it is but i dont want to wait around if it GROWS BIGGER!!! plzzzz someone reasure me its something that goes away?
This one made me feel better...I almost have this for 1 week :(
Have your partner treated too for any yeast and bacterial infections. The best treatment for him is a diluted apple cider vinegar wash after he showers. Are you using probiotics after you cleanse? You can take them orally ad as a vaginal suppository. Make sure your putting good stuff back to keep the bad stuff at bay. My first question to women who are expierencing pain with intercorse is: are you really aroused before he penetrates you? make sure your practically begging for him to enter you first. Does he happen to thrust to one side or manybethe position during intercorse is constricing best movement. Also you can try Kegals to encurage blood flow and strengthen your muscls. These and lying with your legs up or pelvis up may help reduce swelling, as well as ice, if that seems comfortable to you.
If your system is out of balance you are more likely to get infections. If this problem is continual, go get your hormone, mineral, and nutrient levels checked out. Don't be afraid to tell your doctor if whatever they give you doesn't work.
Best of luck.
There is also a chronic cyst like condition known as Hidradenitis Suppurativa. It is also known as Verneuil’s disease or acne inversa. Hidradenitis manifests most commonly as tender, nodular lesions in the axillae, although other parts of the body also may be affected. All tthis is taken from this web site.  See: http://www.aafp.org/afp/2005/1015/p1547.html  for more details.  I get this quite often. I don't know for sure , but really think I have this.  No cure, but sometimes Antibiotics are given and help to a degree.
I have had these a few times but they went away. My last one I had for months so started doing research. Had a round of antibiotics but it came back right after. What worked for me was Colostrum. You can get it from any vitamin shop or health store. You break open the capsule and use the powder on the area. It is not completely gone yet I have been only using it for a little more then a week but it is way better then when I was on antibiotics.
I am 62 and have had cysts off and on for years.  I am glad I found this website.  My doc also brushed it off as not serious, but then again, he wasn't sitting on them.  I've only had one partner so I knew it wasn't an STD.  I trust him.  Women my age don't always talk about these things, so many times I thought I was the only person that suffered with it.  
Ive been reading your posts because I too recently got a pea sized cyst type thing on my right labia. I will try the bath theory. I am not too worried about it. I think its just a passing thing. However, this behcets disease some of you are talking about intrigued me. I know a doctor who is a homeopath and westernized in marin county CA. She is amazing, she cured my endometriosis and vairous other ailments withint days of seeing her and getting a constitution. Her name is Ifeoma Ikenze, MD and I haven't seen her in years, and she isn't cheap but she is truely amazing. She does except insurances and I believe she does phone consultations. I hardly ever recommend service providers to people but I thought I would share her with you all.
I have noticed I get something like this whenever I get a yeast infection and never really thought of it as herpes....So I was just wondering if y'all got them around yeast infections...I have not had any in a while, but I am still concerned. I see a doc on Monday!
Wow...I have been trying to figure out what this problem has been for years! Started when I was 20..now im 34...when ever i drink too much or eat gluten or too much dairy i get a cyst either above my eye brows, on my chin or "down there";) It only ever lasts a day or 2 then vanishes.  Im also a holistic nutritionist so in general i eat very very well...avoid flammatory foods and i became a nutritionist because of my cystic acne, digestive discomfort- IBS, and feeling tired and depressed.  Im much much better now but when ever i want to eat something "off the menu" I pay for it....I have always felt like i have some  kind of immune disorder...in elementary school i had my tonsils removed- always had strep and tonsilitis...high school they though ti had mono but tests came back negative...in my early twenties got tested for lupus...came back negative...so I am very curious if i have this Behcet's Syndrome's.  
I bought some today...how is your cyst?
I bought some today...how is your cyst?
I have had this unwelcomed visitor know for about 8 months, and the dr. told me it would go away and just in last few weeks it has gotten larger, I have read all the comments, my last resort is popping it...I unfortinitly do not have insurance and found out today that it was gunna cost about $700.00 to have it removed...I took a ladies advice and bought some vitamin and I am currently using it and sitting on a HOT towel...I pray this goes away cuz I am so sick of dealing with it!!
Hi everyone!  I've enjoyed reading these posts.  Unfortunately, out of the blue I felt a pain "down there" last night.  It felt like a pubic hair was being pulled tight the wrong way and hurting.  What a surprise - a HUGE painful bump that has transpired in less than 24 hours on my right inner labia majora!  Seriously?  I've had smaller ones before and have waited until they came to a head, but never one this big.  It is very painful and actually hurts to walk!  I tried to lance it twice with a sterile needle, but only blood came out.  I guess I should try the hot bath tonight and wait?  Obviously, as a full time working mom I cannot tend to "it" during the day.  What is embarrassing is that I'm a cardiac nurse of 18 years, but I am totally NOT OB-GYN.  Has anyone else experienced something like this appear so quickly?  Any ideas?
I have had a large labial cyst that came up very fast. Unlike other folks I became very sick with this. My doctor gave me oral antibiotics that did not work and eventually sent me to the ER. The PA wanted to admit me and schedule the OR but she was overruled by the head of the ER, who insisted it be opened and drained on site. It was incredibly painful. (This cyst was about the size of a man's fist...) I continued on antibiotics, though when the culture came back, the antibiotics were changed, because it was resistant staph. I returned to an urgent care for follow up, where it was re-opened and packed and checked two more times. It is still not resolved and I am having surgery to have it excised in an OR by a general surgeon, and I still feel extremely sick! I noticed no one else has mentioned getting very sick from all this infection in the body. The PA who drained mine said she had never seen so much pus before, and the draining and scraping etc. took a very long time and it was excruciating. (Worse than a gall bladder attack or a broken leg, much less natural childbirth!) This is a condition that can get serious and hot compresses etc. did nothing toward bringing mine toward a head, The PA who opened mine said I'd have gone septic if I'd waited another 24 hours....

Do be aware this can become serious and complicated....
I noticed a small 'pimple" like bump on my outer labia in the shower 24 hours ago, at the time it was not painful. Tonight it appears to be getting bigger, not painful but tender to touch.  I have read all 140 plus comments, and it appears to be a cyst. I hope I do not have to "pop" it, I am trying warm tea bags to see if will resolve/reabsorb, since it is small. I have never had anything like this before, and I am 52 years old and going through peri- menopause.  I will keep you posted on my results.
well how do you know if its cancer or something like that?? i got  lump and it hurt now it went away then today it hurt like a ***** but i can barley kinda feel it and im freaking out...
I have Bechet's Disease and when I have an attack I get these boils on my labia or ulcers in my mouth.  It makes me sooo tired.
I don't know about Bechet's disease, but I have a cyst on my labia, and these blisters in my upper left-hand gums that drain all the time eith clear, sticky, stuff!
Go now! Don't give two sh!ts less what anyone says I had one. That needed popped TWICE! Hurts like crazy!!!  Make sure to take a antibiotic so it doesn't come back! Almost anything I have an antibiotic for I'll refuse but trust me. I totally regret not talking them this sh!ts embarrassing! And if it's to a certain point, maybe as big as two peas. Make sure your nurse is covering you and themselves up properly because mine didn't and I almost threw up when it went literally everywhere. Excluding on my Dr.
I have had a small cyst on my labia for the last 5 years.  The OB/GYN and PA were worthless!  They said I could either live with it, or it might not be big enough th lance! I know good and well if I could reach, and see better, I could dig it out with a stealized needle, myself. Finally, I got the PA to say I needed to go to surgeon, which I haven't done yet.  
I know this is an old post but I bet some people still read it, I did. I was on the verge of going to the hospital for a cyst about the size of a quarter on my labia. I couldn't walk. My husband talked me into trying an eastern medicine option before having my lady bits cut. He steeped honeysuckle in boiling water, let it cool, strained it, soaked a cloth in it, and had me hold the cloth on my cyst for a half hour. Did this once for 2 nights and no joke cyst ruptured on its own. Took a shower and clean it. I inserted some gauze and wala its draining on its own and the pain is totally gone.
I had a labial cyst 2 years ago and it got so big and swollen that I could hardly walk. I went to my doctor who sent me to the hospital. The doctors there said I could have it lanced but I'd have to be admitted and wait even longer. I decided to go home and take the antibiotics. That night it burst which was such a relief. It healed up fine. This week I noticed a small bump in the same place which started swelling up and realised it was another cyst. I quickly started bathing it in salt water and also used a drop of tea tree and juniper oil diluted in water on a cotton wool pad. Luckily, the pus came out today so I'm hoping it won't turn into a huge one now. I think that the fastest you treat it then it heals faster. And don't wear tight trousers as the area needs to breath.
my wife had the same for about one year now , can you give us the name because we have been to hospital insisting they want to do operation but we don't want.