lump in armpit

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what eles beside a infection or cancer could cause a lump in your armpit? I had a sergeon tell me it was a tendon or a ligiment, But I know whatever it is, Its definitly pinching a nerve cause I have shooting pains in my shoulder I cant lift any thing heavy with that arm and some time it throbs with a weird kind of pain that I know is not a muscle. The other day at work my pinky and ring fingers went numb for a long time. the lump under my arm it self is not painful at all its kinda rubbery feeling and I have been to my family docter docter  my gyno and a surgeon none seem to concered with it, And my feeling is ok regardless of what it is it is causeing me great discomfort and pain and I am thrill they dont think it cancer but I cant cont. to just let it go because it does seem to be getting worse.
i know this is gonna sound wierd, but try the chiropractor. i had a similer situation and it took care of it.
i wish i knew what ur problem was as well. I had a breast biopsy done in march and the past few months i've had a lump under my left arm causing the same problems you're having. Family dr sent me back to breast surgeon which said there was nothing there he felt was abnormal. Then told me to get family doc to send me for a mammogram if it continued bothering me. Mammogram is still normal but the lump is still there and bothersome like yours is. Please keep posting so that maybe your issue can help me also.
I had a lump under my right armpit.  I went to the doctor and they told me it was "displaced breast tissue".  It was really bothersome during my periods, and especially when I was pregnant.  They removed it during a short surgery, and I have a small scar.  My "tissue" was movable under the skin, felt sort of like a lymph node, but larger.  It was uncomfortable, especially because my bra rubbed against it, and some clothing did, also.  They did a biopsy and there was nothing wrong.  It was just tissue that was in the wrong place.  Ironically, when I had my second child, even though the tissue had been removed, I got another lump in exactly the same place!  It had to be hormone related, somehow.  If you've been to the dr. and they say don't worry, then I wouldn't worry.   Just check back with them if it become more troublesome.  Good luck--MH
Thanks! for your responses I am going back to my Dr. tommorow cause my shoulder is just to painful and I am having weakness in it. I didnt mention that I have seen 5 Dr. for this, 3 told me it could be a lymph node but sent me for no other treatment and 1 said it was a lipoma which is what one of you had surgery for its a fat pocket. And finally a surgeon I was seeing for a goiter on my thyroid said it felt like a tendon or a ligament. I think at the time it pop up the Dr. were more concered about my thyroid and now that its taken care of I need to figure out what this is cause its really bothering me regardless of what it is! I will keep in touch and let you know thanks!
I've had a lump under my arm for almost a year.  It's large enough to notice, but seems to be full of fluid.  I was told it was misplaced breat tissue and nothing to worry about.  A week ago, I noticed another growth near the "extra breast" that seems hard.  I am getting an ultrasound done, because I can't believe all this is NOTHING or just an extra breast.  I'm always fatigued and have lost nearly 20 pounds since the lump arrived.  Not that I'm complaining about the weight, its just that my diet or exercise did not contribute to the loss.
About a month ago,  I started having pain effecting my left shoulder, back and every now and then like a sharp pain piercing from the right nipple ( oh yes and tightness). I checked  and discovered a lump in my armpit about the size of a nickle.  I waited thinking it might be a ingrown hair. Needless to say it reduced in size to a pinhead. That took 3 weeks, now just this week it came back bigger then ever about the size of a quarter with all the same issues I mentioned above. It has started to reduce but this time I am not waiting going to see a doctor today. I wish everyone that posted good luck will keep you updated