lump in armpit

I am 25 years old and in good health, however, last April I found a small pea-size lump in my armpit.  It has not gone away and seems to get larger two weeks prior to my period and then it decreases in size again.  When it gets bigger it is often tender if I touch it.  It is rather deep and does not release any discharge. My grandmother had breast cancer and I am concerned. I would greatly appreciate any advice.  I have been to doctor and he thinks it is a cyst and nothing to worry about. Should I get a second opionion.  
i think i hgave the same thing, i noticed it when i was in the shower. it is not red or anything it is just a hard lump in my armpit. i had a physical (breast exam, pap etc.) a few days before i found this lump and everything was normal. I dont really know what i should do. I dont have breast cancer on either sides of my family that i know of (dont know ALOT of family or about their health). If ya wanna talk more about this i would be glad to talk with you. o yeah i got the lump on the 15th (im think, but im pretty sure it was that day) and i still have it and now it is the 28th.
I have the same problem, its small and not painful.
Im 19 , almost 20 and Im afraid it might be cancer. I know I have a few family histories of it. Due to money I cant make it to the doctors for a check up...im very confused and frightened...I dont need something like this right now.....