menstrual confusion

Ok, I had a child in 2010, and I only bled for 3 days after she was born. and it took 9 months before my cycle became regualr again. Since christmas my period is either a little late or seems to last a couple days too long. It starts with heavy spotting and then it seems like a regular menstrual cycle starts and stops then discharge, then begins again. Im so confused and it only seems to be blood on the bottom part of a tampon.......can anyone help me understand...

It is usually for periods to take one year to come back to normal after child birth. But the other causes of irregular periods could be due to hormonal imbalance, stress, chronic illness, polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid gland disorders or diseases, pituitary gland tumors or cyst, galactorrhea, prolactinomas etc. You should consult a gynecologist and get examined and investigated as soon as possible to know the exact cause of all these episodes.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Im having thr same problem but I have never had a baby ive been pregnant 3 times but I lost them all within 8weeks. I lost a baby 4 months ago and my periods have been fine until now. I dont g ave just nuance so I dont get things looked at unless I think its a huge deal. Ive been on my period goin g2g on a month. It was heave but no cramps tg enough light. Its been red and black. Im only starting to worry now because Ive lost so many babies I wonder if something is wrong with me. Cyst run in m uhh family. I had gov at one time as well. Also im a recovering meth addict im a year and 7 months clean from a five year needle problem.