menstrual problem?

My last period was oct 24. my cycle is normally a 26 day cycle and my periods usually last 3 days and its lighter in color and medium to heavy flow. Last month i was 2 days early and it was very dark in color almost looked like backed up blood looked like a rusty color and it was very light flow and lasted only a day and a half before it went to spotting and completely stopped by day 2. Me and my hubby have been TTC for awhile now so i thought and hoped that it was implantation bleeding but i took a hpt yesterday and it was negative. what else could it be?
It can be implantation bleeding. If you are apprehensive regarding the status of your pregnancy you can get it checked. Most home pregnancy tests that check urine beta-HCG are sensitive to 20-25 mIU/ml of HCG. The test can be positive anywhere from about 2-3 days prior to a missed menses to 4-5 days after, but usually it should be done 7-10 days past your missed period.

Otherwise you can get a serum HCG also done which is more specific than urine pregnancy test.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.