milky light yellow discharge

I have had a heavy light yellow milky discharge for about 8 months. I thought it was a yeast infection so i got meds. from my doctor. It lightened but never went away. Next I tried meds for a bacterial infection with the same results...it stoped or almost disappeared for a few days but soon returned.
There is no itching, burning, or odor. It is a real nuisance and I am not sure if its something minor or if I should be concerned.

Have you ever had your Dr. examine you and run some tests to see what it could be?
It is possible that this is just your normal discharge but you may want to get it looked at.