mood swings after hysterectomy

I HAD A HYSTERECTOMY 7 WEEKS AGO,I STILL HAVE 1 OVARY LEFT. I HAVE BEEN HAVING TERRIBLE MOOD SWINGS AND ANXIETY SINCE THE SURGERY.ONE MINUTE IM AS HAPPY AS CAN BE AND THEN THE NEXT I FEEL LIKE THROWING THINGS AT THE WALL AND THE NEXT IM BALLING MY EYES OUT. I'VE NEVER HAD A PANIC ATTACK BEFORE BUT NOW I DO, I THINK. SOMETIMES WHEN IM DRIVING I GET AN OVERWEALMING FEAR OF CRASHING OR HAVING SOME KIND OF FREAK ACCIDENT, LIKE AN OVERPASS CRASHING ON TO MY CAR.I ALSO HAVE FEELINGS OF SOMETHING HAPPENING TO MY CHILDREN.IM SURE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY HORMONE LEVELS, AND HRT IS NOT AN OPTION BECAUSE OF HI RISK FOR CANCER. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT WILL HELP ME THAT I CAN MENTION TO MY OB? ANY ANSWERS WILL HELP THANKS LADIES
HI TROID THERE ARE SOME OVER THE COUNTER MEDICINES YOU CAN TAKE,TO HELP.BUT WITH YOU STILL HAVING ONE OVARY LEFT YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T BE FEELING THIS WAY,BECAUSE THAT OVARY IS STILL GIVING OUT ENOUGH HORMONES FOR YOUR BODY TO ADJUST.STILL TALKING TO YOUR OB WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA.YOU REALLY DON'T NEED HORMONE REPLACEMENT WITH ONE OVARY STILL INTACT!!!BUT THE OVER THE COUNTER MEDICINES ARE NOT EXACTLY HORMONE REPLACEMENTS THEY JUST YOU WITH MOOD SWINGS AND OTHER UNORDINARY THINGS THAT ARE HAPPENING THAT YOU FEEL ARE REFLECTING FROM THE HYSTERECTOMY.YOU NEED TO TALK TO YOUR OB BEFORE STARTING ANY KIND OF MEDICINES,ALL THOUGH THIS IS OVER THE COUNTER IT IS STILL WISE TO CONSULT WITH YOUR DOC.TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF.AND STOP BEING SO PARANOID!TNT406
PARANOID????WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?
I had my hysterectomy in 2002 and I went through something just like this. I didn't want anyone around me and then I wondered why no one was there. Just relax and take it easy. They body just needs time to adjust to the new insides. (fyi: I still have one ovary and it is still working just fine) If it bothers you too much go ahead and talk to your dr. and see if they have any ideas to help with the adjustment. Good luck! Hang in there it will get better.
REREAD YOUR POST:OVER PASS FALLING ON MY CAR.THAT IS BEING PARANOID.IT NEVER USE TO BOTHER YOU SO WHY LET IT NOW.AFAID OF CRASHING,YOU HAVE NEVER CRASHED I PRESUME,SO WHY WORRY ABOUT IT.YOUR CHILDREN ARE SAFE,KNOW ONE IS GOING TO HURT THEM.YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE THEY ARE AT 24 HOURS A DAY.THAT IS BEING PARANOID.WORRYING OVER LITTLE THINGS,CALM DOWN YOU ARE FINE.YOU STILL HAVE ONE OVARY AND IT IS WORKING JUST FINE.YOU MIGHT HAVE DEPRESSION GOING ON RIGHT NOW,MAYBE YOU ARE HAVING A HARD TIME DEALING WITH THE LOSS OF YOUR UTERUS AND ONE OF YOUR OVARIES.YOU NEED TO TALK TO A SPECIALIST ABOUT THIS IN STEAD OF A REGULAR DOCTOR.THEY WILL BE ABLE TO HELP YOU MORE.I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE CRAZY,SOME WOMEN DO HAVE A MORE DIFFICULT TIME ACCEPTING THE LOSS OF THERE UTERUS AND OVARIES.TALK TO YOUR OB AND GET A RECOMMENDATION TO A GOOD SPECIALIST THAT CAN HELP YOU.TNT406
I have had the same surgery back in "98 odr "99.I too went through some of the same fellings of happy one minute and depressed the next.It does go away after time or at least gets better I should say.I was wondering if anyone on here that has had this surgery has had any problems as far as losing their sex drive?It seems like one minute I can be in the mood and then the next I don't even want to be touched to the point I get irratated.
I've been looking on Internet and it seems mood swings and panick attacks are due to rapid variation of estrogen. Some say uterus stores the hormones produced over night, others say after a hysterectomy some of the vessels that feed the ovaries and cut. Rapid decrease causes anger or fear, rapid increase causes joy. There is a degree of estrogen the brain considers normal.
I guess ERT can't be prescribed too soon after surgery as the body did not decide yet what is the normal level it'll stabilise to.
If it is true uterus is a storage for hormones then a nap at noon makes you feel better.
I have a friend who had bad problems with estrogen at menopause - osteoporosis. She started eating all sorts of grains, anything as natural as possible - the kind of soy that boils in 4 hours. No more problems at all. In Japan very few women have sympthoms at menopause (caused by low estrogen) cos their culture uses soy a lot. It is true any kind of estrogen exageration can lead to cancer if there is a predisposition. But in your case I think your normal level is much higher then it is now.
Try to avoid stress. Easy exercising, like walking, makes our ovary strong