mood swings after hysterectomy

I HAD A HYSTERECTOMY 7 WEEKS AGO,I STILL HAVE 1 OVARY LEFT. I HAVE BEEN HAVING TERRIBLE MOOD SWINGS AND ANXIETY SINCE THE SURGERY.ONE MINUTE IM AS HAPPY AS CAN BE AND THEN THE NEXT I FEEL LIKE THROWING THINGS AT THE WALL AND THE NEXT IM BALLING MY EYES OUT. I'VE NEVER HAD A PANIC ATTACK BEFORE BUT NOW I DO, I THINK. SOMETIMES WHEN IM DRIVING I GET AN OVERWEALMING FEAR OF CRASHING OR HAVING SOME KIND OF FREAK ACCIDENT, LIKE AN OVERPASS CRASHING ON TO MY CAR.I ALSO HAVE FEELINGS OF SOMETHING HAPPENING TO MY CHILDREN.IM SURE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY HORMONE LEVELS, AND HRT IS NOT AN OPTION BECAUSE OF HI RISK FOR CANCER. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT WILL HELP ME THAT I CAN MENTION TO MY OB? ANY ANSWERS WILL HELP THANKS LADIES
I just want to thank everyone for their comments and support. I had my hysterectomy about one month ago now. At first I experienced all of the pain you experience when you have your body messed with. I too still have one ovary and was told that because of that I would have no hormonal problems. Hmmmm, seems like that is wrong!!! I feel like I'm crawling out of my skin, I feel anxious and crazy. I have had panick attacks in the past and I take xanax for that, but xanax is not working right now at all. Usually one xanax will knock me out cold for at least 8 hours. I took one about 4 hours ago now and I'm still not asleep. I am also an emotional person normally so it's not unlike me to cry....but this is ridiculous, I'm depressed and even t.v. makes me cry....happy or sad. I am moody and I feel like a crazy woman. I have an appointment with my surgeon this week for a check up and I didn't want to tell him what was going on, he assured me that one ovary would take care of all hormonal issues. Obviously not. I don't know that I have menopause, I'm not sweating or having hot flashes but this anxiety, crying, depression and moodiness is something that needs to be handled and he needs to know. Anyways, I want to thank everyone again for at least letting me know that it's not just me. Good luck to everyone and I hope that one day Doctor's will know enough to predict these things happening and give us some hope........maybe we should start a one ovary support group lol
I must say that this has helped me... I am 38 and a mother of 4 boys, and my youngest is 6 mo I am still nursing I had my hysterectomey 4weeks ago  I do have both of my overies but it just now that I am feeling like a raging mad women... Don't get me wrong I know that people think that because I am a mom of 4 boys that is normal.  But I know myself and I have never in mylife felt the rage of anger that pops up! and sometimes for no reason.... I am forgetful, sleepless and just not myself I have called my doctor and will be seeing her today.  I am thankful for everyones in put and seeing that we are not alone.  
I am a 33 year old mother of 3 girls my youngest being 2 my oldest 17, I too had a hysterectomy almost 9 months ago and my feelings of depression are only getting worse,I am experiencing much of the same symptoms as everyone else not sleeping loss of patience and feelings of wanting to come out of my own skin, I too have one ovary left,my dr. never discussed me have any of these feelings or offered me any meds after my surgery if there is anyone who can give me any advice on treatments I would greatly appreciate it.
I am 30 years old , i have no children i had a total hysterectomy on 13/11/2008 since having the operation i have suffered with terrible depression, panick attacks. I am currently on antidepression tablets but dont seem to be doing much, i am constantly paronoid, my anger level is through the roof. I can cry at the drop of an hat, this is causesing major problems between me and my partner as he is being driven up the wall by my constant nature of accusing him of finding other women attractive as my self worth has hit the ground..... Is this normal?????
Sorry this is going to sound like a comerical but I swear by it. Look into bioidentical hormone therapy.  It will change your life.  They saved my sanity after my complete hysterectomy 6 years ago.
Hooray!! So I'm not going insane! (Once again)  2 years Prior to my hysto I had a severe breakdown, no one knew what was going on.... after the 2 year span and 5 weeks before having to have the op my Doc discovered through  blood tests that I was Pre menopausal!
So the past two years were due to my hormones being out of whack but it just wasn't showing ( I seriously thought I was losing the plot)
Now 4 weeks after my op I am feeling pretty much the same as all you other women out there and as horrible as this may sound I am so happy to see we are all going through the same bloody thing!!! There obviously is light at the end of the tunnel!! I can't wait....

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community