mums abnormal smear test

she only just told me she had a previous abnormal result just after she had me 20 yrs ago,they courtrized them,but now she has an other abnormal result.she is not bothered but im more worried as this is the second time!!its not a question as such i just want some points ov view from ppl who have been threw the same.thanks 4 reading.x
Sometimes you do get abnormal pap smears.  Usually the doctor makes you come back for another or does a biopsy of the cervix to make sure that everything is okay.  If he sees anything such as polyps, you can usually get rid of them by doing a cryo procedure where the cervix is frozen with liquid nitrogen.  I have had this done several times.  And  it is always good to go every year for a pap smear.  
thank you.x