nipple discharge

Hello! I've had have some nipple discharge for a couple months now. It has been a milky white discharge.  Not pregnant and haven't had sex since March. I had nipple pain on and off. My dr sent to for a mammogram/ultrasound but was done on the breast and not the nipple. Today while washing my body i notice the milky discharge and went and press down on the side or nipple to see if any more milky discharge comes out and it scared me cause this brownish (blood?) discharge came out. What can this be?

My mammogram info online says bi-rad category 2,scattered fibroglandular destinies, beginin clarfications present.

I was trying to post a pic of the color of discharge i have but it wont allow me.
No answer?  My dr did email me to check in on me asking how I was feeling and if I still have any nipple issue and itching so I told her about this and have yet to hear back.
My dr emailed me and made a referral to a surgical oncology.