Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

no period & not pregnant

I am 28 years old and I have a 4 year old daughter. I was on the pill for about 3 years and then I got off of it for about 4 months and went back on it and that only lasted a month. We (husband and I), decided to plan for another baby. I was having regular period for about 4 months after I got off of the pill. It has beeen almost 3 months since and still no period. I am not pregnant. I have taken 5 tests and all negative. I want to go to the doctor but we can't afford it. What is wrong with me?
1 Responses
Im very young and I have to take birth control pills. For me its because of a hormone imbalance along with swelling of my ovaries (both are potentially dangerous to my hopes of being fertile one day) So I must take it to regulate my functions aswell as my period.

Im wondering if your body is having trouble adjusting and maybe your hormones are imbalanced from the lack of regulation that the pills gave you. Seeing a doctor is probably best. My mothers a nurse practitioner so her information is being caried from what shes told me to you. But seriosuly if your not pregnant, check and be sure your ovaries are not swollen or that you behaviors have changed. (from hormones...)

thats all I can help you with, sorry. I hope someone more helpful posts for you later :)
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.