off pill-can't get period!

I went off the pill in may 2007 after being on various brands for 7 years. I got my period on august 3 and that was it- now it's oct.11 and i can't seem to get it- I took a pregnancy test and it was negative- i use condoms during sex so i don't think i'm pregnant, but i'm not sure. Does anyone have any insight as to why i'm going on 70 days with no period, I know your period can get out of whack from stopping the pill but it's been almost 6months!
I am experiencing the same thing right now vanti and went to the doctor. He prescribed me something called medroxyprogesterone which is supposed to induce my period. You may also want to try another pregnancy test. Sometimes they don't show up as positive right away.  It could be a variety of things though so it is really best to talk to the doctor.

My husband and I are trying to have a baby so it's really a cause for concern with me! Good luck.