MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

pain during period

Hi I get really bad pain when doing a poo but its only painfull when I have my period? Does anyone know why this would happen, its been like this since I gave birth 2 and a half years ago, the doctor just told me to keep taking the pill so I wouldnt have a period but I wld rather have a monthly period. I have sometimes had diahorria and that still hurts? Any answers wld b much appreciated x
Best Answer
Honestly I would think hormones could be having an effect, I know my periods used to mess with my bowels. Id also get a second opinion from another doctor, given that it didnt happen prior to childbirth. there are some complications that may cause this symptom.  Get checked out by  a different doctor is my best advice. If there isnt anything, then it may just be a hormonal/cramping issue but best get checked out
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
These symptoms can be due to irritable bowel syndrome and the other possibilities to be ruled out is of any rectovaginal fistula or piles. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional bowel disorder characterized by mild to severe abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating and alteration of bowel habits. You should consult a surgeon and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.