painful sex, no answers?

I have been having sex with my boyfriend for 6 months, the first few months it would be at least twice a day, sometimes up to 5 times daily. He is slightly larger than average. After a few months I had pain during insertion but after penetration I felt fine and we could keep going. It started getting worse and sometimes he couldnt even get the tip in. I am very sore for hours after sex. I had an std test and a pelvic exam and nothing came up. My gyno says it could be due to my larger lips but thats not the case because it hurts on the outside and up to 3 inches on the inside. We have been using lube and it helps a bit but there is still some pain and it keeps getting worse. I am also on the birth control pill. It's very upsetting to both of us especially becauuse we've never had a problem before and my gynocologist can't tell what's wrong. We can only have sex once every few days or so now and it has to be for less than 5 minutes.
Experiment with different water based lubricants. For me, I need at least one climax before intercourse. That will relax you and your muscles.
  You can also buy a small toy. Your partner can use this to get you ready.
Remember to do your kiegel exercises. Squeeze. Release. Act as if the release is peeing. The squeeze is stop peeing. Do these exercises every day, for now, not during sex. You will see the differences after about a month.
  Also. Latex free condoms IMO are better. Many people are sensitive to latex hope this helps!  Maxy
Kegel.
we use plenty of lube and i usually am relaxed until i start to feel the pain, also, I do kegels a lot and we don't use condoms
I had that problem as, well and I've only been with one person my husband and after 8 1/2 years I had that. My gyo. Did and ultrasound on me and found out that I had varicose veins on my uterus. so maybe it's something you can look into.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community