pelvic flutter

I have been having "flutter" like feeling in my lower pelvic area.  It is not gas and it is not painful.  The sensation comes and goes.  I am 41 and had my tubes tied 5 years ago.  The feeling comes and goes but never causes pain.  What is this and should it be checked??  I have read that i might have something to do with my tubes being tied.  Any suggestions?
Have you had unprotected sex? Have you done a pregnancy test? That's my first immediate thought. Tubes being tied is not a 100% guarantee of sterilisation! Unless they were cut, and had a large section removed then cauterised, it can happen a woman can have an egg slip through the 'tied' bit.
  The only other thing might be irritable bowel syndrome. The fluttering can be felt near the bladder which lies in front of the lower bowel.