Women's Health Community
65.8k Members
Avatar universal

pelvic lump

hiya i have been to the doctor about pain whilst having sex and also blood in discharge. he gave me a smear and then the touch test. he said i have an arosion on the vaginal wall and also a pelvic lump. he didnt know where my pain is though but they are in the region of the lump. i was just wondering what sort of lumps you get and wether it could be cancer. im worried but the dr said i should only go to the hospital if the pain is severe and until then wait up to 6 weeks for a scan. also what is an arosion please? many thanks...
3 Responses
134578 tn?1578157483
I have to guess it is an erosion, not an arosion, which relates to part of the skin inside the vagina pulling back from a spot where something irritates it.  It's often seen if someone has had urinary tract problems especially if there has been surgery, they will sometimes insert an artificial (not human skin or anything) tape, and the vaginal skin will pull back from that, and that's an erosion.  I think there is some speculation you can get erosion in the vagina from wearing a tampon several days in a row.  Other than that, I have no answers for you, sorry!
Avatar universal
maybe this will help,i'm not sure though...good luck.

Avatar universal
maybe this will help also...

Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.