pelvic lump

hiya i have been to the doctor about pain whilst having sex and also blood in discharge. he gave me a smear and then the touch test. he said i have an arosion on the vaginal wall and also a pelvic lump. he didnt know where my pain is though but they are in the region of the lump. i was just wondering what sort of lumps you get and wether it could be cancer. im worried but the dr said i should only go to the hospital if the pain is severe and until then wait up to 6 weeks for a scan. also what is an arosion please? many thanks...
COMMUNITY LEADER
I have to guess it is an erosion, not an arosion, which relates to part of the skin inside the vagina pulling back from a spot where something irritates it.  It's often seen if someone has had urinary tract problems especially if there has been surgery, they will sometimes insert an artificial (not human skin or anything) tape, and the vaginal skin will pull back from that, and that's an erosion.  I think there is some speculation you can get erosion in the vagina from wearing a tampon several days in a row.  Other than that, I have no answers for you, sorry!
maybe this will help,i'm not sure though...good luck.

http://www.webmd.com/content/pages/11/1838_50569.htm
maybe this will help also...

http://www.womenshealthlondon.org.uk/leaflets/prolapse/prolprint.html