A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members
183933 tn?1290220562

period after miscarriage/D&C???

Hi there,
I just had a miscarriage last month and had a D&C. That was three weeks ago. I was wondering when I should be expecting my period? I always had very regular cycles before so I'm hoping they will return to normal soon. The last few days I have had some very mild cramping and even more mild spotting. I'm not even sure I can even call it spotting because it has been one teeny tiny spot a day. I don't think it's my period, but more of the light bleeding after the D&C. I'm a little confused at this point. Any ideas??

Carisa
21 Responses
I had a MC and D&C 3 weeks ago. I stopped bleeding from my D&C within 3 days. But, I have not had a period yet. I am a little worried because my husband and I have had unprotected sex 2 weeks after the D&C and a couple of times since then. I was told by my doctor my period might not happen for up to 6 weeks. But, if you are still kind of spotting I would see if you should have a pelvic exam and contact your GYN/OB. I am in the same boat so I hope everything returns to normal and you are fine.
I am not sure whether this is a right way to ask question but incase someone suggest me with my problem, will really appreciate.  I also had MC around 6 weeks ago and  I started getting spots 2 weeks back from today (thought that was starting of my period) but that was stopped after 3 days from beginning .. Now from last 5 days, I am continues having bleeding (like the first day) and felling very sick and not sure when this will stop :(..  
Thanks!
Hi!
      OK, I HAD A D&C DONE MAY THIRD. I HAVE NOT HAD A PERIOD SINCE I STARTED HAVING SEX LIKE 2 AND A HALF WEEKS LATER, WE USED A CONDOM EVERYTIME BUT THERE WAS THIS ONE TIME THAT WE DIDNT, I REALLY DONT THINK THAT I AM PREGNANT BUT I HAVE NOT HAD A PERIOD. I GO NEXT WEEK FOR MY SIX WEEK CHECKUP, THEY SAY THAT YOU R TO HAVE A REGULAR PEIOD LIKE AFTER THE FIRST FOUR WEEKS AT LEAST! WHEN EXACTLY WERE U TOLD THAT U WOULD HAVE A PERIOD? DO U THINK THAT I AM PREGNANT? THEN I ALSO HEARD THAT IT COULD TAKE UP TO FOUR MONTHS BEFORE I HAVE A NORMAL PERIOD AGAIN? I AM SO CONFUSED AND SCARED, I MEAN I WANT ANOTHER BABY BUT I WANT TO DO IT WHEN MY BODY IS 100% OK    PLEASE RESPOND            SHERRI
Hi!
      OK, I HAD A D&C DONE MAY THIRD. I HAVE NOT HAD A PERIOD SINCE I STARTED HAVING SEX LIKE 2 AND A HALF WEEKS LATER, WE USED A CONDOM EVERYTIME BUT THERE WAS THIS ONE TIME THAT WE DIDNT, I REALLY DONT THINK THAT I AM PREGNANT BUT I HAVE NOT HAD A PERIOD. I GO NEXT WEEK FOR MY SIX WEEK CHECKUP, THEY SAY THAT YOU R TO HAVE A REGULAR PEIOD LIKE AFTER THE FIRST FOUR WEEKS AT LEAST! WHEN EXACTLY WERE U TOLD THAT U WOULD HAVE A PERIOD? DO U THINK THAT I AM PREGNANT? THEN I ALSO HEARD THAT IT COULD TAKE UP TO FOUR MONTHS BEFORE I HAVE A NORMAL PERIOD AGAIN? I AM SO CONFUSED AND SCARED, I MEAN I WANT ANOTHER BABY BUT I WANT TO DO IT WHEN MY BODY IS 100% OK    PLEASE RESPOND            SHERRI
Hi! I had a miscarriage and D&C 9 weeks ago and I am still waiting for my periods. I have had blood tests taken and my body is not doing anything. I am told this is normal but again I was told it should take 4 to 6 weeks until I get my period. My ob is away and gets back the day I am leaving to go overseas for 4 weeks. I wanted someone to do something to help me get back to normal before going overseas but they have just told me to wait until I get back. I am so frustrated and not sure if I sure go to my GP and see if they can do anything? I am trying not to worry or focus on it because I know stress effects my body but I am so miserable and feel anxious that time is slipping away. Any thoughts??? Don't know what else to do and am tired of waiting.
Hi
I'm in the same situation. Can i know what happened after that ? R u pregnent ?
If so what was the symptoms u had ? Like we cannot predict by the day pof next period .
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.