Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

period

I got last year n August since thn I still don't get my period. ..its have been almost 6months nw....
1 Responses
4851940 tn?1515698193
I presume that you have done a pregnancy test and this is negative.

If there is no pregnancy, you should make an appointment to see your doctor.

It may be a hormonal imbalance, polycystic ovaries or other problems.  The doctor can arrange for a blood test to be checked for a hormone imbalance, and can arrange for you to have an ultrasound scan.

Over the age of 40, missing periods could be from starting on the change, or some of the problems mentioned above.  It would still be a good idea to make an appointment to see the doctor.

Make an appointment to see your doctor to investigate why you have not had a period for 6 months.

Best wishes.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.