post hysterectomy pubic swelling

I am two weeks post total abdominal hysterectomy.  I am swelling like a whale directly above my pubic bone. (nearly 2 inches).  This swelling is filled with some kind of fluid, I'm sure.And it's starting to be painful.
Can I take an over-the-counter diuretic to alleviate this?

I am drinking plenty of water and fruit juices, but to no avail.
Have you been peeing ok? I'd call your surgeon and let them know what is going on. Best wishes to you.
I am 7 months post hysterectomy and they kept my ovaries. I also have hard swelling in my pubic area and up to my naval area, very hard and when I tap on it  it sounds different than when I tap up further, like hollow sounding. My abdomen is very itchy too, the scar is formed and looks good, but something is not right for my abdomen to be this swollen and hard, do you know what could be wrong??