pre-partum depression?

I've been a happy person almost all my life until I had my second child in 2003. I had post partum depression and left it untreated and thought I could deal with it on my own. Eventually I did though it took me 9 months. Later the depression cam eback and I started welbutrin which worked great for me until I found out I was pregnant and stopped all medication. I moved to a new state, I don't know anyone, I'm a 24 hour drive away from my family and I don't feel comfortable talking to anyone about my problems. Is there anything that can safely treat my depression and not affect my baby. I'm 19 weeks. Thanks
I suffer with depression myself I have some condition called SADD  i dont know if you have heard of this condition before, however its just due to not getting enough sun light. There are two things you might try one being that you get sunlight or find out if you have a SADD clinic near you to get thyropy or the other thing i recently tried is believe or not there is a main vitamin in the sunlight that goes missing especially for me in the winter time i was up till two months ago living in canada and in the winter it was so bad for me. so the main vitamin i was missing was vitamin D so maybe ask your doctor if you could try going on vitamin D I dont think a vitamin will hurt the baby but just to be safe. My best advice as well with depression is to talk i know you sound like your a shy person but really you need to find just one person to trust and open up to them about how your feeling. Good luck I wish you well all the best.
I never heard of that before, and how did you get diagnosed with it. I'm not a shy person just being in the house for so long and not knowing anyone has gotten my social skills a little low. I'm not used to interacting with other people. Thanks for your advice!
hi! well as far as getting dignosed with SADD a friend she practised in nursing and she told me to see my doctor and I told my doctor that i noticed a pattern of depression and she investagated it for me and found a clinic called SADD and in canada its more commonly known. It was not known until some people started coming out to say they were having odd times of depression. there are different kinds of depression that should be treated differently so my best advice is to ask your doctor or look into seeing if there is a sadd clinic in your area. as well if you have small children a great way to get your social life back is in canada the health care units run play groups the libraries do things too for the kids and it gets you inter acting with other moms that have simular issues so why not look into that too. I did when my kids were small it was most helpful. good luck and take care
Helen
thanks, I'm in Watertown, 30 miles from Canada, if its worth it I'll make the drive.:)
Micky theres a clinic that i know in Calgary alberta. If your interested i could possible try and locate the number of the clinic for you and you could call and see what you need to do to been seen there? just let me know  what you want to do. just leave your reply on this question ok thanks take care

Helen
that would be great, I've been reading on the net anti-depressants that are safe in pregnancy,non are particularly "safe", but they say that the risk is higher for a baby to have problems that are related to an unhappy pregnancy than for them to have problems from the medication, i'm really desperate at this point and would try anything to be a little bit happy, I have two other kids and it's unfair to them. thanks for your help and support:)