Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

pregnancy after depo

I had a mc in oct. I recieved a depo shot after my D&C, and i am suppose to get another shot in january, how long do you think it is going to take me to get pregnant? I also think that my other mc came from being on the depo and i was just woundering if you all think it is going to happen again? Please help me by giving me advice please i really do need it.
1 Responses
Are you talking about the depo provera shot? I was on the depo provera shot for 5 years until I found out it was "black listed" because it can cause bone density lose. Plus if you are trying to get pregenant, this is prob. the worst thing to be taking. This causes you not to ovulate pretty much. I am still having problems getting pregnant and I have been off of that for 2 years. I definitely do not reccommend taking it.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.