prescribed Provera while trying to get pregnant

I had a miscarriage in Sept05 and my periods have progressivly got longer and heavier. Ive been prescribed medroxyprogesterone acetate (provera) to regulate my periods,on days 15 to 25 of my cycle. Was told it would not interfer with my fertility but all info ive seen clearly states do not use if pregnant. I could get pregnant then take the provera as i wont know im pregnant til i miss my next period. Very anxious about any damage i could be doing, any one been in a similar situation??
If you have been trying to get pregnant but you are having isues getting there I dont think you need to worry about hurting a possible pregnancy with all that is goin on with you. Chances are you are not pregnant at this time. I was put on the same thing I think I took it for like ten days.  It was supposed to make you start a period with the hopes that it will then stay on track like it is supposed to,  Good luck!
I was on provera in Dec 05 and Jan 06 and I now am 9 weeks pregnant.  Provera used to be given as a pregnancy test.  If you took it and had a period then you were not pregnant and if you took it and didnt have a period then you were pregnant.  Provera or the generic that you are talking of is pretty much progesterone and it will help your uterus.  Dont worry it wont harm a pregnancy.  Best of luck!
Thanks to the above, i feel more reassured now.
I was put on provera for 10 days to see if I would start my period because I havent had it for a few months and I finished those 10 days and stilll didnt have it...do you think its a great possiblity that I can be pregnant? (I HOPE)
Well, I was put on provera for 10 days. You should get your period within 10 days after taking the medicine.  On day 11 of no period I called my doctor.  He told me to take a pregnancy test and it was POSITIVE.  Good luck!!!
I see you took medroxyprogesterone while being preg, I did that too... I am worried about taking this while pregnant, what did your doctor say about that? How far were you when you took it?  My doctor says it's fine but because of the warnings on the bottle I am beyond worried!!!
Hi Girls, please I need help! I took provera for 5 days as prescribed by my gyn. (I did a home pregnancy test and got negative on the 35th day of my cycle as my doctor told me to do). So I started provera from 11/10 to 11/14. I have been on provera for a couple of months and always got my period on the 3rd day after my last pill. Last period I took clomid but I assume I did not ovulate because the fertility monitor never reached the peak fertility day. I still had sex on the supposed fertile days because I was not sure. I was waiting to get my period this month to take clomid again, but it did not come. I have PCOS. I did another pregnancy on 11/23 test because I was worried and it came ot positive. Can I really be pregnant after taking provera? I am calling my gyn tomorrow but wanted to know your thoughts! I am concern with the warnings on the bottle too. Thanks!
I was given provera twice to bring on my period even though I kept telling my doctor I was sure I was pregnant. I had already had 4 children. But of course my doctor thought he knew better than me if I was pregnant. I was in fact pregnant. At the time I was told of possible heart defects or in the event my baby was a girl, she could have genitalia resembling a small penis that would have to be surgically corrected. When my baby was born she looked fine. But she wasn't. She was very masuline in nature and during her teen years her clitoris grew into a small penis. Any Doctor who tells you it is safe to take while already pregnant is a liar and trying to cover himself from a lawsuit. It is not safe and does damage some fetuses. Provera has damaged my child's life and the effects will be there forever. Once she became an adult and after years of torture and taunting from ignorant people treating her like a freak, she now lives as a male.
Hi, Ladies

I  found out that I have pcos when I was 18yrs old. Now I'm 29yrs old and I had two miscarriages, and it been a rollercoaster ride for me and my husband. I refuse to go to the fertility dr again. I went to my gyn dr and now I'm on provera to regulate my period. I wonder if I will get pregnant from taken the provera. I have to take the provera for two months  until my period get regulated. I wonder during that tme if I will conceive I have to have faith. I think that you ladies also should have faith. I know it is a long journay, but we can do it.  
My doc rx provera because I had been having a period for approx 1 mth. I took the pills for 5 days and last night was the last day taking the pill. Based on info I have read via the internet I should expect my cycle within the next 3-14 days. I was wondering if i would be able to get pregnant or would i need to be rx another medication.
Hi ladies i was on provera for 10 days and have symptoms of vomitin i don't know if i a m pregnant i took pregnancy test last night i was worry if i am pregnnt or not. i will call my doc tommorrow morning
HI! I was taking provera for 10 days. Well it has been 7 days sense the last bill and no period. So I took a test tonight and it said positive. I have read that this will cause miscarriage or other birth problems?? Is this true I am so so scared. I took a pregnancy test the day I started provera and it was negative. Could I really have gotten pregnant while on provera??? Help PLEASE