rib pain

For about a week now i have been suffering with terrible pain under my right breast which seems to be coming from my rib cage and is now affecting my upper right back.
I have been sent up to A & E by my doctor and had a blood test and x-ray but all came up fine apart from the doc said i had extra calcium build up on my ribs.  She is baffled by my symptoms and isnt quite sure what is wrong she is thinking that i may have ripped the muscle from my ribs which is causing the pain. this just seems to be getting worse now with the back pain. I am taking my pain killers and as soon as they wear off i am in pain again.  I am getting so depressed at not being able to do much as i constantly get a sharp pain in my ribs when doing anything even walking.  She has said if no better by thurs then i should have some kind of scan.  Does anyone know what this could be or know of anyone who has had these kinds of symptoms??
Sorry you are in so much pain.I have been having pain for the last 7 months........ They did a ct-scan on me to rule out causes....It could be your gallbladder.If you are in all this pain I would ask your dr. for a scan.It does not hurt a bit.............Hope you get eling better soon.
My suggestion would be don't give up on finding out what the problem is. If you are in enough pain that you are on pain medication, then there is a reason why. If your doctor can't find the answer, move on to another one.
still havent found out whats wrong now 3 mnths down the line. going for more xrays and doc has now put me on higher dosage of slow release pain killers. im so worried what is wrong with me..........
I am a 25 year old female. I have been getting sharp pains on my rib cages on both sides. When I cough it hurts like he'll. Went to the doctors, had an xray, came back clear. No chest infection. Took antibiotics for a week. Didn't do anything. Pain is still there. Don't do much physical activity, except walking. What could the pain be caused by. Any suggestions? I am a smoker, but only a social smoker. Never had this pain before.
Did you ever find out what was causing your right rib pain?  I am having it now myself and saw your postings here from 2008 and 2009.  Hoping you can help me???

Jo51588
It hurts the most when I reach up for something. Just went into my upper back.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community