Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.5k Members

right supplements for post menopause

I'm confused about which multi vitamin to take. I've been post menopausal for 9 years. A couple of years ago I had been taking womens one a day 50+ and also extra 1,0000 of calcium in addition to that. I developed two small kidney stones and was told I was probably getting too much calcium. Also,when I had my dexa scan I was also told I was "just beginning to show signs of starting into osteoporisis" and the nurse had a pad ready to write me up for fosomax or actonel, et. I refused and did my own research. I have been taking E zorb with no harmful side effects instead for quite some time now. I wanted a multi with as low amount of extra calcium I could get. The only one I could find was Living Green Liquid Gel Multi for women. It has EVERYTHING. And only 50 mg calcium. However, I have to take 3 large tablets a day and it gets rather expensive. Besides, at my age (59) I don't know that I need so much in my multi as my reproductive years are over. I also take a fiber blend and acidophillus with pectin as I have an irritable bowel.  Any suggestions? I just want a good basic multi with very low calcium in it.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.