small bald spot on scalp

I have noticed a small (thumbe size) of baldness, hair missing on my scalp. I was told it could possibly be ring-worm, but I don't see a "red" ring on the empty little spot. Please let me know what you all think a.s.a.p. THANK YOU!
Hi, I got several bald spots on my head when I was taking bc pills, the hormones seemed to cause that on me btu it doesn't on many people.  Also alopecia can happen because of multiple reasons like bad nutrition, thyroid issues, major stress etc.
I got my hair back after I stopped the pills and my dermatologist injected by bald spots with cortizone and it took like 6 months for all of it to grow back getting routine shots on your scalp.  It hasn't happened to me again since stopping the pills. Go to your Dr.
I found out that I had the bald spots when I went to get a haircut and I thought that I had a terminal illness but Alopecia happens to some people, its an immune response to something in your body.  I actually went to two Dr.s and the first said "I need to make several tests on you to see what it is" but the second Dr. was like "whenever you loose hair is alopecia and there's different kinds caused by different things and the best way to treat it is with cortizone shots. However you still need to get the tests to see if there is an underlying cause for this."  So go tot he Dr. and if you are not satisfied with what they tell you, go to a different one.
Have you always had the bald spot? Did you just now notice it?
I just noticed the bald spot about 1 week ago. What could possibly cause this hair loss??
I'm 23 yrs old and I noticed 5 bald spots on my head. I am really scared that something might be wrong with me?? What can I do since I don't have medical insurance?
HI I'm 33yrs.I went to get my hair colored yesturday and found out I had a small bold spot behind my head. Is this uncommon? It is serious??
Since you don't have any medical insurance try looking at different hair care treatment products. My sister used Dr. Michael Clay's hair products, and it worked. Or try Dr. Miracle. I would suggest going to a beauty supply store and looking for items such as those.
Hi I am a 36 year old woman, and over the last 5 years I have been loosing my hair in clumps.  It did grow back so I didn't worry to much.  Until last week, I was styling my hair and found that it just would not sit properly. I found a bald spot down the middle of my scalp.  I had noticed that my hair was thinning, but not to this extent.  Before finding this I never really worried as I had frequent blood tests and full blood counts.  Please reply to this question.  Why would I have a bald spot? I have not changed any shampoos or anything like that, nothing has changed in my diet, I do straighten my hair with a hot iron with no extreme. Please respond.
I am 20 years old and have the bald spot going down the center back of scalp. I hate it so much and need to fix this! I am afraid to use Rogain, seeing as how its a life long deal once you start. Ideas anyone? I have always had gorgeous full hair, and I have changed my diet...is that the cause?
hello, i am on my mid 20's and i have the same problem on my scalp which is a small spot of bald at the middle of my scalp...any help or remedy for this please.
Hello there,

I'm not sure if this could be the same...

I notice a a small bald spot form on the top of my head by where my bangs started. I thought maybe it could be from straightening and having the hair get caught and being pulled out. I watched it for six months and then a raised a bump started to grow. I went to the dermatologist and she determined that it was a cyst and I had it removed. Unfortunately it created a scare so I am not sure if the hair will grow back but it is small enough where I can cover it with other hair. I would suggest having it looked at as soon as possible just in case.

I hope this helps! :)
I'm sorry mikee2009 the previous post was meant for you!
Im 19 years old. and sense my sophmore year in high school i have been getting random spots of hair loss on my head. it was worse in tenth grade but over the years has lightened, though it still occurs. i am now a freshman in colege and do stress out a lot mainly with my emotions.... could this be the reason for the hair loss??
:/ im worried it may be serious what can i do?