sore breasts & nipples

since i've been around 40 (so for the past 3 / 4 yrs) on an off and increasing on, both my breasts feel bruised internally, heavy and my nipples are sore some days they are fine, other days it's agony when i take my bra off.  During that same period i've lost 3 stone and am now slim so weight isn't the issue, i thought it was just to do with periods though i've never suffered before like this or for as long, it's driving me crazy and effecting my sex life because now instead of being aroused i'm distressed with the bruised feeling.  Is something to do with the onset of the  menapause, otherwise i feel fine, fit and health and have read eve primrose oil would help anything else?
That sounds terrible!! I would definately tell your obyn, have you had a mammogram lately?